not happy

I'm not sure why you think I was disagreeing with you. I was just saying that it may be unfair but it's unfair to all families at some point. And one day maybe you won't have to cruise as a family and then you'll get the better deal. I didn't disagree with you. I was just pointing out how it's cyclical. I wasn't arguing either. Not sure how commenting on something made it an argument. :rolleyes:
Cecilia, I was using the word "argument" as a synonym for "reason" or "assertion" -- sorry if this implied anything stronger. Also, the last paragraph was addressed to everyone -- I didn't intend for it to single out anyone. I know what that's like. :rolleyes:

Also, the last paragraph was addressed to everyone -- I didn't intend for it to single out anyone.

Careful Lisa, if I read that last paragraph correctly, it almost sounds like now you'll buy all of us on CC a drink! LOL

-Monte

Sure, drinks all around. :)

Since I think I offended you with my post, although I didn't mean to, I think I'll buy you a drink. The rest of you guys are on your own though. After reading several of your posts I don't think I could afford to keep you all in Martinis:eek:

I understand if you just want to use this as an opportunity to vent a liitle about how annoying this is for you. As others have pointed out several times though, it is just the way it is. In my experience the cruiselines don't care what about what seems fair the way you and I see it. They are running a business and they make decisions that benefit that business as much as possible.

It is a bit like the people who would like to cruise without kids on board. There seem to be a lot of people like that on the boards. They search for the time of year likely to have the least kids on board and they regale us with stories about the disgusting or annoying things they have witnessed kids doing on their preveious cruises. They seem to feel that it is very unfair that they can not book a cruise that is totally kid free.

I have to wonder why some cruiseline doesn't run a cruise for adults only to me it would be a sensible idea. I can only assume that the lines have decided that running that type of cruise would not be as beneficial to their bottom line so, the 'no kids please' people just have to lump it. They cruise with the possibility of kids on board, or they don't cruise at all.

Some do pay a lot extra to cruise on the premium lines where the presence of large numbers of kids seem less likely, but even then there are no guarantees.

As my Dad used to say, "Who told you life would be fair?" :)

Look at the begining of CC under "Special Interest Crusing":

http://boards.cruisecritic.com

I think there is something for everybody there. Also I read on another thread that Seabourn is adults only. Sorry, I can't remember where I saw it.

Look at the begining of CC under "Special Interest Crusing":

http://boards.cruisecritic.com

I think there is something for everybody there. Also I read on another thread that Seabourn is adults only. Sorry, I can't remember where I saw it.

I just checked the special interest cruising area but, although there is Family Cruising, Single Cruising, Gay cruising etc. etc. I couldn't find any adults only cruising.

I didn't check into Seabourn. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for an adults only cruise. I don't have any problems with kids on cruises, at least most kids, there are one or two of the little darlings that I might prefer to avoid.

I just mentioned that because it is an opinion I've seen brought up a lot on the board and yet, as far as I had seen none of the cruise lines really seemed to be doing anything about it. It seems that a lot of people feel it is unfair that they pay their money for a cruise and then have it spoiled buy the presence of ( to them) annoying kids.

Now you've made me curious though and I'll have to look into Seabourn just for the heck of it.

Found this on the Seabourn site:

Third Guest & Children's Fares Children traveling as the second guest in a suite pay the published per person fare....

so I guess you could not be sure to be completely child free on Seabourn either.

Ya, as I said it is just someting I read on this board. I guess if I hunted for it I could find it. Just a little common sense though would probably work. If the ship has a lot of stuff for kids expect to see kids. (pool slide, rock wall, video game arcade etc.) Also if there are none of these, the dinners are all formal dress only then expect a more.......mature crowd. Seabourn is possably the flip side of Disney. Don't quote me on that though, I haven't been on it so it would be better to check with someone that has.

Just found this this morning in an email. with all the talk of 3rd person in the room and the $$$ factor, thought this special came at an interesting time :)

Book select sailings in the Caribbean & in Hawaii on Wednesday 8/2 & save %50 off all 3rd/4th passengers. As always, space is extremely limited for all cabins that accommodate 3rd/4th passengers, so call early!

Archived