RCCL Web Site Security Notice

Hi, all. I was just trying to access my reservation and after putting in my password, I get a message that says Secuirty Warning... you are being re-directed to a site that is not secure. Do you want to continue?

First, I do not remember ever seeing this message before (dialog box) and second, should I continue? Anyone seen this before and can I continue? I made a payment on the cruise last night and I just wanted to make sure it was applied. Thanks for any info.

Shoo

I don't see why it would be harmful to go to an unsecured site just to check your info! You're not inputting any personal info there, are you?

My husband agrees with you, but I guess I was just a little worried because I check my reservation frequently and have never seen that notice before. Nowadays, with all you hear, it just makes me nervous.

Since posting however, I shut down my computer, and then went back to the RCCL web site, tried to log in again, and sure enough, that security pop up did not appear - just sent me right to my reservation. Go figure :D

Hi, all. I was just trying to access my reservation and after putting in my password, I get a message that says Secuirty Warning... you are being re-directed to a site that is not secure. Do you want to continue?

First, I do not remember ever seeing this message before (dialog box) and second, should I continue? Anyone seen this before and can I continue? I made a payment on the cruise last night and I just wanted to make sure it was applied. Thanks for any info.

Shoo

Just to be on the safe side - if you ever see this again make sure that you're still on the RCCL website and that the beginning of the URL is "https://."

Shoo

If you've recently upgraded to IE7, this is one of the new "annoying" security features it has.

IF your using IE6, its possible that RCI have changed their web site, which is why its just started appearing.

As someone above said, as long as the address still shows as royalcarribean in your address bar, nothing to worry about.

If you've recently upgraded to IE7, this is one of the new "annoying" security features it has.

IF your using IE6, its possible that RCI have changed their web site, which is why its just started appearing.

As someone above said, as long as the address still shows as royalcarribean in your address bar, nothing to worry about.

This is true. The new Internet Explorer does that to me at almost every site. It gets old after a while. :rolleyes:

It is passing your loggin information through SSL but then you are pushed to an unsecure page. This is a-okay, your security settings just warn you about it. Just be sure anytime you're supplying a password or credit card number or other critical info that you see the lock indicating a secure site, and as previously mentioned the https:// instead of http://.

The latest revisions on the website are also tossing javascript errors for me left and right. But no worries, just an annoyance.

JC

Archived