need info on Crown please

cookieman

We are leaving on the

Crown on Sun. and I was wondering if someone could answer a couple of questions we have? What is the correct number of pools, where are they, and what are the hours? What is the average cost of drinks?{I read on someones review that they were $8??}, How many pay resturants are there on this ship? free ones? {I realize that this is a smaller ship so it wouldn't have the number that is in the brochures for the new ships.} what are the hours of the resturants, and is there a 24hr one? do you need reservations if you plan to eat at a later hour like 8 or 9 pm? and lastly since we will be in all 3 areas of Bermuda, could you give us a good beach to visit in each one. I know this is a lot of questions, but reading the booklets and reading other various venues there is a lot of conflicting information and if someone who has recently cruised on the Crown could clear up these questions we have it would be greatly, greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

LOL... That is a lot of questions!!.. But I know the feeling, right before you leave you have all this anticipation...

Must of been my review that quoted the $8.00 a drink. I just pulled out a Freestyle Daily to be sure. That is the price for the drink of the day. Beer is $5.50, Smoothies $9.00 or no alcohol, $6.00

One pool, and next level up two hot tubs. I was suprised that the pool areas were not all that crowded.

La Bistro is the one pay resturant. Then the main dining room, Pasta Cafe and Chopsticks are free.. BTY we loved both La Bistro (ate there twice) and the Italian Cafe. On our trip the hours were 5:30 - 10:00. No 24 hours, but there is room service.

We ate twice in the main dining room at the 8-9 time frame, no reservation, no wait. All of the specialty resturants required a reservation in advance.

We loved Elbow Beach and Horseshoe bay, both in Hamilton... Im sure someone else can help you. That is all we went to. We should have our port pictures posted on our website tonight, if you have time to check back before you leave.

Have a wonderful, wonderful time... I know you will!

Hi smoothdancer,

I've already commented on your incredible , very detailed (with photos) review.

My boyfriend and I leave on the crown in October. (his first - my third cruise both our first on NCL)

How much $ is the Le Bistro restaurant. I thought I read somewhere that there was an indoor pool in the spa area, is that not correct?

I'll be checking tonight for your newest pix.... Really enjoy seeing what we have to look forward to so Thanks again !

LOL... That is a lot of questions!!.. But I know the feeling, right before you leave you have all this anticipation...

Must of been my review that quoted the $8.00 a drink. I just pulled out a Freestyle Daily to be sure. That is the price for the drink of the day. Beer is $5.50, Smoothies $9.00 or no alcohol, $6.00

One pool, and next level up two hot tubs. I was suprised that the pool areas were not all that crowded.

La Bistro is the one pay resturant. Then the main dining room, Pasta Cafe and Chopsticks are free.. BTY we loved both La Bistro (ate there twice) and the Italian Cafe. On our trip the hours were 5:30 - 10:00. No 24 hours, but there is room service.

We ate twice in the main dining room at the 8-9 time frame, no reservation, no wait. All of the specialty resturants required a reservation in advance.

We loved Elbow Beach and Horseshoe bay, both in Hamilton... Im sure someone else can help you. That is all we went to. We should have our port pictures posted on our website tonight, if you have time to check back before you leave.

Have a wonderful, wonderful time... I know you will!

Have a great cruise. Please write your review when you return. Always love to read positive things on this ship.

Enjoy..

We are leaving on the

Crown on Sun. and I was wondering if someone could answer a couple of questions we have? What is the correct number of pools, where are they, and what are the hours? What is the average cost of drinks?{I read on someones review that they were $8??}, How many pay resturants are there on this ship? free ones? {I realize that this is a smaller ship so it wouldn't have the number that is in the brochures for the new ships.} what are the hours of the resturants, and is there a 24hr one? do you need reservations if you plan to eat at a later hour like 8 or 9 pm? and lastly since we will be in all 3 areas of Bermuda, could you give us a good beach to visit in each one. I know this is a lot of questions, but reading the booklets and reading other various venues there is a lot of conflicting information and if someone who has recently cruised on the Crown could clear up these questions we have it would be greatly, greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

We are leaving on the

Cookieman, after you look at Smoothdancers, photos and review you will know you will be having a great time. Others have reported when they have returned. Try searching "Crown" on this board.We were on the 7/9 sailing so I will try to add to anything that others have mentioned. As mentioned Le Bistro is a fee, restaurant, Chopsticks, is free, and Pasta Cafe is free. Don't forget the DINE ASHORE Program on the Crown. For $10 for dinner, you can eat dinner at several restaurants in Bermuda, or $5.00 for lunch. We chose The Carriage House in St. George's, several Cruise Critic members ate there and recommended it highly. If you at there, you will not be disappointed. There are other restaurants tried by other Cruise Critic members they have enjoyed. You can even eat lunch at the tony Elbow Beach Club for $5.00 if you wanted to. Please don't allow this advantage of sailing the Crown go to waste. If you eat 8-9 you will have no problem getting a table. Of course the reservation restaurants you need to make ressies in advance. Go to the lobby the first day, or any morning, there is a table with a reservation lady, for you to make your reservations.

Beaches - St. George's-- I highly recommend Clearwater Beach. We took a cab, the bus also goes there. We rented chairs and umbrellas, but you can sit on your towel for free. There are bathrooms, snack bar, and beach bar, What else do you need?:p Yeah, there is also a lifeguard.

Hamilton - Horseshoe Bay, for the first time visitor to Bermuda, a must do. The sand is so pink here. Plus there are facilities. There are lots of coves to explore.

Dockyard - We did the Restless Native excursion. But you can easily use this day to check out another beach, such as Elbow Beach. Gorgeous, but no nearby bathrooms. (for my dd this is a huge issue. ;)) There also is a snorkle park at the Dockyards. Bring water shoes, or at least rubber flipflops because the beach has all sorts of broken coral) If you swim out a bit there is wonderful snorkling. The sunset here is unbelievably gorgeous. Don't miss taking pictures.

St. Georges - We love walkihg around this historic town. We once took the candlelight tour, because we enjoy this sort of thing. If you enjoy learning about history, I recommend doing this.

I knew I read it somewhere regarding the indoor pool. It's on the overview section for NCL"S Crown... On cruise critic page before entering into the message board. Under fitness/recreation. It says main pool is on deck 7 and the indoor pool is on deck 2 in the spa/fitness center...

Just thought it would be nice and relaxing. Trust me the outdoor pool is fine w/ us. We'll most likely be on the beaches in Bermuda anyway.

Enjoy the day :-)

La Bistro is $20.00 if you choose lobster, $15.00 if you dont.

Well if there was an inside pool in the Spa area, it got past me..Sorry, dont think so!

I knew I read it somewhere regarding the indoor pool. It's on the overview section for NCL"S Crown... On cruise critic page before entering into the message board. Under fitness/recreation. It says main pool is on deck 7 and the indoor pool is on deck 2 in the spa/fitness center...

Just thought it would be nice and relaxing. Trust me the outdoor pool is fine w/ us. We'll most likely be on the beaches in Bermuda anyway.

Enjoy the day :-)

This must have been before the refurbishment. The fitness center is now on the 11th floor. Previously, the Crown was used for trans-Atlantic sailings, the indoor pool probably came in handy then. For Bermuda, it is not recessary. BTW, Family Cruisers, I noticed that your last cruise was on the Explorer, our last cruise was on the AOS, and so was my sister and her family's. As long as you keep in mind that this ship is a totally different experience, you will not be shocked. My niece kept on asking if there is a Johnny Rockets. Helloo, that is why you cruise? to go to Johnny Rockets?, there is a JR at the mall. :rolleyes: Anyways, after she got over that shocking discovery, she went to the teen club, met lots of nice kids, and had a wonderful time.

If its there I will take a photo. Actually I'm like you with photos, the more the better and there all Memories.... But I think you'll probably need to take another cruise onboard the crown to see what you may have missed, that sounds like more fun to me :-)

Can you beleive I missed it!!.. Well ya know, seeing the world through a camera lens me, will just have to go back again so I can get a picture!!

If you think of it bring back a picture so I can see what I missed.

To be totally honest with you, I liked the explorer but didn't love it ! I LOVED the grand Princess.... I really don't compare, I just know what I like and what I don't like. For me the explorer was just too big, didn't like their pools, too many people crammed in like sardines so we chose to use it at night when hardly anyone was there. I just liked the whole atmosphere on princess better. Again, thats just MY opinion not everyone elses.

I am looking more forward to the quieter, more intimate feeling I hear the crown is about. Not looking to "party", just have a relaxing, fun and romantic vacation with the Man I love. Awwwwwwwwww!

I do love to read everyones comments on this ship so Thankyou for your input everyone.... Enjoy this day...

This must have been before the refurbishment. The fitness center is now on the 11th floor. Previously, the Crown was used for trans-Atlantic sailings, the indoor pool probably came in handy then. For Bermuda, it is not recessary. BTW, Family Cruisers, I noticed that your last cruise was on the Explorer, our last cruise was on the AOS, and so was my sister and her family's. As long as you keep in mind that this ship is a totally different experience, you will not be shocked. My niece kept on asking if there is a Johnny Rockets. Helloo, that is why you cruise? to go to Johnny Rockets?, there is a JR at the mall. :rolleyes: Anyways, after she got over that shocking discovery, she went to the teen club, met lots of nice kids, and had a wonderful time.

Archived