Where's the Captain's Cabin/Suite?

Roz

A fun question for Saturday morning (it's still morning in the Central time zone :D). Don't think I've ever seen this asked on this board.

Where is the Captain's cabin? I'm assuming he has some type of suite, since he's actually living on the ship. What about the other officers?

Roz

On the S and R class the Captain and Hotel Manager have cabins on the Navigation Deck. The two cabins are next to the PS. And no neither of them have Balcony Suites. They have a LARGE living room with a seperate bedroom.

on the nav deck forward (where the bridge is) is a door - that says no admittance --i believe that beyond the door is the captains suite--he also has a day cabin even closer to the bridge if my memory serves me correctly--------------dont think he would have a cabin on a deck among all the pax cabins --if he did i just know some pax would knock on his door and when he answered would want to know if the rest of the crew also slept on the ship

Generally speaking, the Captain's cabin on virtually all ships is right aft of the bridge (or on some ships, right below or above it).

On the S- and R-class ships, it's forward of the passenger cabins on Navigation Deck. You can't get to it without going through "Crew Only" doors so most passsengers never see it.

They do not have balconies but I'm not sure about the Vista-class ships. I know on QUEEN VICTORIA, which is a Vista derivative, the Captain's cabin will have a balcony.

The Hotel Manager and Captain's Suites on the Vista ships have verandas.

The Captain's Suite on "S" ships has an office just inside the entry way and then the living/dining room. The bedroom is a separate room as in a true suite.

For Roz.../B]

What an interesting question! I can't believe I hadn't come up with "that one" yet! In fact, I hadn't thought about where the Captain's "suite" would be on a ship until now. Thanks for beating me to creating this interesting thread...and thanks to those who've responded with the "answers"!

Debjo

On Prinsendam, the Captain's suite is just aft of the bridge on Lido Deck, starboard side. There is no "crew only" door separating his suite from the other suites on that deck. It's the last door at the end of the corridor. It is a full suite with separate bedroom. There is a doorway from his office directly to the bridge, as I recall. When we were in the suite, the drapes were drawn and the door to the bedroom closed, but I'm pretty sure he has a verandah that is accessible from either the bedroom or the living room. I believe there are some other officers' quarters on Verandah deck below the bridge.

John actually asked Capt. Scott where his quarters were located. Capt. gave him a rather odd look, as in, why do you want to know? He skirted around the answer & said its toward the front of the ship.

If you look at the manifest of the Vista ships, behind the bridge on the Nav deck, there are what looks like suite-type accomodations. They are just not labelled. We are guessing that's where the Capt. & HotMan live.

Archived