Gym Facilities

Kiwifruit

My partner and I will be travelling on the Noordam in October. This will be our first time on Holland America and I am currious to know what sort of gym facilities are offered on the vista class ships. We are also intereted in finding out what sort of classes are offered i.e. spinning, step, aerobics, pilates etc and how much theses classes cost. Any advice would be much appreciated.

The gyms on the R and S class ships have 7 treadmills, a few step machines, weights, etc - the usuall things. The Vista class ships have more tread mills. All free.

They do have spinning classes along pilates, aerobics, etc. The prices have been holding at $11 per class.

The new treadmills on the Noordam, and being added to the other ships, have a built-in TV set. On the Noordam headphones were provided. The TV stations available were the same as those in the cabin. There are music stations there as the cabin radio was eliminated on the Noordam.

The TV's do block the view of the sea while you're doing your thing.

The new treadmills are higher off the deck than the old style; I found them difficult to climb on/off of.

Archived