How do I know if my trip is cheaper...

bettyonboard

I am SB Summit Alaska in Sept '07. Alright, Alright, I know, I have got a LONG wait ahead of me, but looking at the Celebrity website it seems that my trip could be less $$$. I am the first to admit that I am not a genius when it comes to computer navigation. I am on the port side CC class on the Panorama deck. My question to all you "veterans" is, How do I follow the price of my cruise? Does it matter the deck or which side of the ship your on? Should I take the easy road and call my TA? And another thing while I have your attention...How do I get a shipboard credit? And one more thing, can I wear cut off jeans on formal night?:eek: JUST KIDDING!!! Don't write me hate mail, it was just a little ice breaker.

No hate mail: OBC well that is only with special promotions. Yes it matters what deck you are on and just let your TA take over, but you may want to remind them, you would like them to check rates every month or so. A good agent will do this but i have to admit, we do get busy and sometimes forget to watch out for our clients. Yes, you have a long time to plan and worry about pricing. I wouldn't even think about this for, at least 3 or 4 more months. NMnita

BettyonBoard - It is probably not as difficult as you might think. Look at your reservation confirmation and it will tell you what class cabin you are booked in. Generally there will be the suites PS,RS,CS,SS other classifications are 1 thru 12. Now that you know your cabin class go to Celebrity and search for your cruise. On the front page put in Summit and February 2007. On the next page select your cruise and pretend you are going to book by clicking on book now. Now look for your classification and it will show you the current price.

Another easy way to proceed would be to find or start a Roll-Call under Roll-Call Celebrity. Start chatting with others that will be on your sailing. Believe me when the price drops someone will let others know. We recently received a 600 dollar credit.

Jim

There is TA out there that has the exact same price as RCCL, and is hooked to their computers. I know this from several sources...one being that when I find the voyage that I want.......and finish my booking with X or RCCL and then go back to this TA on the internet..........the cabin that I booked is gone.

I would have to clear this with Laura........to even give a clue, but it's actually better than either RCCL or X in that it's so quick to get a price for a cabin. Then you can check in with them on a hourly basis to check for cabin discounts.

I do have a feeling that Laura has already been appraised of this site, or we would be allowed to talk about it. Anyway..........I'll check with her.

Rick

With the exception of 1 time, our TA has always known about a price drops already (and adjusted our cruise cost accordingly) when we called him. The 1 time when we caught him off guard about a price drop (upcoming November Zuiderdam cruise), the cruiseline had already made the change on their side and lowered the price. I'd say a combination of the 4 things mentioned on here helps: roll call chatter, periodically checking yourself, a good TA watching out for you and the cruiseline lowering your price automatically.

Archived