Birthday Cake On A Ship??

bbech

My daughter will be celebrating her 21st on board ship:) - do any of you experienced cruisers out there know if you can get birthday cakes on board? Do you have any other ideas on how to make this a memorable event, besides the cruise itself? Can you get flowers delivered to the ship? Thanks for all your help in advance! These boards are wonderful for the first-timer!!! :D

My daughter will be celebrating her 21st on board ship:) - do any of you experienced cruisers out there know if you can get birthday cakes on board? Do you have any other ideas on how to make this a memorable event, besides the cruise itself? Can you get flowers delivered to the ship? Thanks for all your help in advance! These boards are wonderful for the first-timer!!! :D

Hello,

I'm kinda new to these boards also. Pretty cool.:) My family and I will be celebrating my mother-in-law 60th birthday onboard Adventure of the Seas. We had arranged with our travel agent to have a birthday cake for her on the 1st formal night.

When you get onboard you can check with the matire'd or head waiter for your dining room and let them know what night you wish to have a birthday cake.. although your travel agent should have asked this and could arrange ahead of time.. you can do just as easily. First night in dining room is hectic so I'd wait till after dinner to speak with him/her.

All of the cruise lines have links on website to preorder flowers etc. to be delivered on board and most will include a brochure with your documents to order flowers, onboard credit, fruit baskets etc.

Both Princess and RCCL have a Birthday package that includes cake and ballons. Just under speical occasions. Talk to your TA and everything can get pre arranged. The last time it cost me $29.00 (US). We got Balloons on the door with a Happy Birthday sign and a cake first formal night. We ordered flowers extra I think for $45.00 (US). :D

Carnival and ROyal has changed their policy recently with cakes.

You can get the cabin decorated so when she enters it can give her well wishes for her birthday. To get a cake its extra. The cake can be in the cabin or sent on a particular night for after dinner.

Thanks Caroline! Her birthday will be on the first night of the cruise, so I know it will be hectic. I'll check the website for the links for flowers, etc. Do you still think there is enough time to go through the travel agent for the cake? Or should I wait to get on board?

I like that, Serene56, having the room decorated as she enters would be great! Can I find a link to this on the RCCL website? Like CaptData suggests, under special occasions? Thanks for the great suggestions!

Niecyd - what a great idea for your mother-in-law! We had actually thought of doing that this year, but my mother-in-law is going in for a hip replacement this month, so we've kinda got it in mind for next year, god willing. Also, my husband wants to make sure that I won't be sick the whole time I'm on board.... kinda had a bad experience on our honeymoon with a dinner sunset sail on a catamaran....Enjoy your cruise!! And Happy Birthday to your MIL!

I am not sure which cruiseship you will be on. We are going on the Mariner of the Seas on September 26th. My mother's birthday is also the day we sail. Here is a link to the Onboard Gifts Available on the Mariner. The stateroom decoration and cake are on page 2. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/images/legacy/gifts/Gifts&GearsBrochure.pdf

If you won't be on the Mariner of the Seas here is a link for you to pick your ship.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/gifts/Intro.do;jsessionid=0000kk2Jmw8FBP3tVDq06kGSjdK:v29bc6gq?cS=NAVBAR

http://joephila.net/cruise/ship16.jpg

It can give you an idea of what it looks like in the cabin. The streamers go from corner to corner. Iput them a little higher as they blocked our airconditioning. The happy birthday sign we put by the top bed- it was in the middle. Very festive when I first walked into the cabin.

For my daughter's birthday the travel agent ordered a cake, we ordered room decoration and because her birthday was on formal night I let her have a massage and her hair done at the spa.

Just got off the Summit-Alaska yesterday. Every nite after dinner w/desserts, several tables had happy b-day or anniversary songs. Always enuf cake for the whole table of 8. Another thought, if your ship has the special dining (ours was $30 pp extra), maybe plan to go. Everyone said it is a memorable and very special dining experience with 7 courses (I think) including 'pallet clensing'. 2 couples at our table went on different nites and raved about it. Another lady took her daughter there for her 26th b-day on the last nite of the cruise.

Archived