Labadee Parasailing

Hi:

Has anyone done the parasailing at Labadee? I've been to Labadee several times and haven't tried it but I've always wanted to. I thought it might be safer there, than one's I've seen in Mexico and other places. We're going to be there in December on our Freedom cruise and I would like to try it. I've been saying that for 40 cruises now, and if I could get some input from people who have done it, I will feel better about it. From reading the description, it is tandem and that's what I wanted. I have to talk my DH into this now.

Any comments or information will be appreciated.

Happy Cruising.....Sparkle 10 (Anita);)

DH had a great time parasailing in Labadee - it was tandem - he signed up for first thing in the morning - which ended up being a good idea as the wind picked up during the day and it had to be canceled (there wer quite a few unhappy people). He felt very safe and had a total blast. He'd do it again. Jan

How much did it cost to parasail and do you know if there was an age restriction? My daughters are 15 and hoping to parasail (although I am not crazy about lettering thyem go) therefore I hope there is an age restriction! Also, what is 'tandem'?

I'm sailing on Freedom early in December and hoping to try the parasailing in Labadee as well.

I very much wanted to try parasailing when I was on Explorer in 2004, but could not fit it in.

Are both solo and dual available? I'm not sure I want to parasail with a stranger!

Tayla

My husband and I did this excursion last week in Labadee. We had a blast! You were not allowed to ride single....and the two singles on our trip had to ride together. We booked weeks before our cruise so we could go early in the day.....didn't want the weather to be a factor later in the day. There were 5-6 foot swells the morning we rode....since you have to stay in the boat until everyone who is booked during the same time gets their turn, it was 45 minutes of rough going. You are deployed and reeled in from the back of the boat, so you never touch the water. There is an age restriction, but I don't remember what it is. (it didn't apply to us so I didn't pay attention....there is also a weight restriction) I am deathly affraid of heights, and even though you go 400 feet up....it was amazing....highly recommend it:D

KKJMOM - I'm not sure what the age restriction is but I know at 15 she would be eligible. My niece, who is 13, parasailed in Labadee a couple of weeks ago. I believe under 16 needs to go with a parent or guardian.

Three people in our group parasailed, none had done it before, and they all loved it.

Hi:

Has anyone done the parasailing at Labadee? I've been to Labadee several times and haven't tried it but I've always wanted to. I thought it might be safer there, than one's I've seen in Mexico and other places. We're going to be there in December on our Freedom cruise and I would like to try it. I've been saying that for 40 cruises now, and if I could get some input from people who have done it, I will feel better about it. From reading the description, it is tandem and that's what I wanted. I have to talk my DH into this now.

Any comments or information will be appreciated.

Happy Cruising.....Sparkle 10 (Anita);)

its a fun excursion...very safe! DO IT!

what sailing date in december?

We did the parasailing in Labadee. My 13 year old daughter had to go with my husband so I went with my friend. The boat ride was very bumpy and everyone was feeling a little ill. It was a very long boat ride because you had to wait for everyone in your group to go up. I prefer to go out solo on one of the beaches on one of the Islands.

Did parasailing in labadee and it was a neat experience, but hubby kept rocking the seats and that was a bit scarey.. funny thing is it takes you 400 ft up, and I did not like it nearly as much as skydiving from 13,000 feet. We had a skydiving wedding and after a very formal ceramony on the ground, the whole wedding party went to change in flight clothes and boarded the plne. We landed back where our guests were waiting for us to return to earth.. I felt very safe skydiving because I was strapped very tightly to the jump master, and very secure enough to feel and hear his breathing.. on the parasail you sit on a skinny little 4 inch strap, and I have a big butt, so I felt unsecure with my big fluff self on such a tiny little piece of fabric :eek:

I'm glad to hear all the positive comments about the parasailing in Labadee, as I am booked on that excursion in about 3 weeks! Although, I'll make sure I take my dramamine before I go!

And BearySweet - what a wedding you had!! I have never heard of such a creative thing to do on your wedding day, what a great idea!!

Archived