QM2 4 days to Bahamas out of NYC

lovetheocean21

Been on the QM2 for 8 nights to caribbean - wondering what you all think

of the 4 day ones to Bahamas from NYC? There is several next year and I would think it's a nice trip to go back on the QM2 for a reasonable price even though I would love to do the 10 day one in November 07.

Looking at doing the 4th of July 4 day cruise. What does everything think about this short cruise to Bahamas on the WONDERFUL QM2.

Dave from New Milford, NJ

Been on the QM2 for 8 nights to caribbean - wondering what you all think

of the 4 day ones to Bahamas from NYC? There is several next year and I would think it's a nice trip to go back on the QM2 for a reasonable price even though I would love to do the 10 day one in November 07.

Looking at doing the 4th of July 4 day cruise. What does everything think about this short cruise to Bahamas on the WONDERFUL QM2.

Dave from New Milford, NJ

Dave, I, too, have been looking at these cruises. I have been on QM2 twice and, although I prefer QE2, I see these cruises as a "QM2 fix." Even though I am on the full world cruise of QE2, I am sure I will book one of these cruises too. Do it.

BOBBY

Can I come on the World Cruise with you??? That is my dream to do a World Cruise on the QE2. HAVE A BLAST!

Dave from NJ

If you want to come along, Dave, book it or a segment fast because the ship is not going to be around much more. A very reliable source with good information to some of the senior officers said that 2009 or 2010 will most likely be the end! There is a 90 day cruise in 2008, but it is not a true world cruise. My guess is that there will be some sort of a farewell series... farewell Caribbean, farewell Northern Europe, farewell Mediterranean, farewell World Cruise, etc...it has been said that QE2 will have more farewell performances than Frank Sinatra.

Bobby

It has been said that QE2 will have more farewell performances than Frank Sinatra.

Am I alone in thinking that would be a very good thing? After all they can't scrap her whilst there are still cruises being booked. (can they?:confused: )

Also looking at this short trip--weather is one issue for us but assuming we do go for it would it be to our advantage to book while on board ? --doing the short Labor day cruise this yr

If you want to come along, Dave, book it or a segment fast because the ship is not going to be around much more. A very reliable source with good information to some of the senior officers said that 2009 or 2010 will most likely be the end! There is a 90 day cruise in 2008, but it is not a true world cruise. My guess is that there will be some sort of a farewell series... farewell Caribbean, farewell Northern Europe, farewell Mediterranean, farewell World Cruise, etc...it has been said that QE2 will have more farewell performances than Frank Sinatra.

Bobby

If the QE2 is going to retire doesn't that mean they should have plans to replace her? Maybe a QE3 possible? It seems they would have to order a new ship to take her place. Also i hope they make the QE2 a floating museum in NY.

Archived