45 Day Letter

booboo4031

I send them (Guest Relations)feedback from my cruise - name the people who gave me exceptional service, etc. Very seldom do I have issues to report - but sometimes I do report things I know they would like to be aware of, good and bad. I do know that employees are evaluated in part by happy customers giving them cudos. I always fill out the comment card - but there is not enough room to do a good employee justice. I have received two 45 day letters. The letter stated that the comments would be sent to each supervisor. I have not used one yet. Will be using them for my upcoming b-t-b cruises in Dec/Jan.

It's a letter that Carnival sends out sometimes when you've sent a letter with an issue from a previous cruise. It tells you to call 45 days before your next cruise to choose your special compensation.

Ah! Thank you! :)

We just used ours. They gave us a list of items we could choose from. From what I remember it was drink or soda coupons, bottle of wine, fruit basket, sports bag kit and I know there were a few more things.

I think it's a ficticious letter. j/k. I have written 5 or 6 letters to Carnival (all positive, even complimenting my PVP) and I have never received one of these letters. You must only get one when something negative is said.

Not true. I wrote a very positive letter about our cruise this year and recieved one. Have it hanging on the side of the fridge to use next year on our next cruise. Makes more sense that they would appreciate the happy customers more than the grumblers.:)

I wrote a letter with a lot of compliments and one suggestion and I received a letter.

I called the other day as I will be on a cruise in Sept. They told me that the gift is a surprise but the gave me a list of things that it might be and to let them know if there was something that they definately needed to exclude. THe list was wine or champange, a fruit basket and decorations, drink coupons, shirts.

We will see what I get.

I recently used a 30 day letter that I got in 2004 from a positive review I sent to Carnival. When I called to order my gift, the lady said it would be a surprise in my room when we embarked and gave me an order confirmation number. Nothing was there, and I ended up having to follow up with the purser desk every day for the first four days of the cruise. That night I received four drink ($4.95) coupons.

We received a 45-day letter in response to an e-mail we submitted regarding our Conquest cruise - overall a great experience with a few suggestions as to what could be improved (particularly the timing of the lifeboat drill). We used it on Legend for a photo coupon; had a number of choices, though - wine, drink coupons, fruit, etc.

I emailed Carnival via their website after our last cruise. I basically told them what a wonderful time we had and were looking forward to our next cruise. I receivd a letter in the mail from them about 6 weeks later. I will be calling the Guest Relations department in October.

I emailed Carnival and told them what a great cruise we had on the Fantasy and specifically named a few of the staff because they did such a great job.

I received a letter about 10 days later thanking me for my feedback, and it said a copy of my email would be shared with their supervisors. It also was a 45 day letter and told me to call for a special von boyage gift. I am anxious to see what we get!

I recently used a 30 day letter that I got in 2004 from a positive review I sent to Carnival. When I called to order my gift, the lady said it would be a surprise in my room when we embarked and gave me an order confirmation number. Nothing was there, and I ended up having to follow up with the purser desk every day for the first four days of the cruise. That night I received four drink ($4.95) coupons.

Weren't you embarrassed to say "Hey were is the free gift you offered me?" Just wondering how you went about asking for it is all. That is nice that Carnival offers things to passengers based on GOOD reviews and not just the bad ones. :)

Archived