Next port Cuba ! ?

Rustyone

I'm sure all the cruise lines look forward to the day that Cuba opens up for US tourists. Havana use to be the prime destination for Caribbean cruises before Castro going back to prohabition. We passengers are always complaining about the same old itineraries so Havana would be exploited as soon as the infrastructure was there to handle todays mega ships.

I would be the first one in. How many veteran cruisers can say they've been to Cuba? If the political structure changes there tourism would most likely go the way of all the rest of the Caribbean islands. Big bucks to be had. Plus I wouldn't have to sneak my Havana's past customs anymore! :p

I also have been waiting for the day that Cuba will be a port of call. Everytime I cruise the Carribean, I look at the map of our progress as we pass the huge island of Cuba It will be such a great stop for so many reasons. In terms of geography. it logical. In terms of interest it is phenomenal for so many of us that have been to the same ports over and over.

If pax arent interested they can stay on the ship.

Lets keep our fingers crossed. The tuorist industry will help the country to raise its standard of income as revenue is generated

Its time for Castro to go.

Cuba is a truly wonderful island with many things to see and some wonderful beaches and resorts. We know many people who return there year after year. We know of a good number of people who venture to Toronto or Montreal each winter in order to take the charter/scheduled flights to Cuba all inclusive resorts.

Cuba is a truly wonderful island with many things to see and some wonderful beaches and resorts. We know many people who return there year after year. We know of a good number of people who venture to Toronto or Montreal each winter in order to take the charter/scheduled flights to Cuba all inclusive resorts.

I hear ya! Unfortunately for those of us that carry that passport with the eagle it ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

I would be the first one in. How many veteran cruisers can say they've been to Cuba? If the political structure changes there tourism would most likely go the way of all the rest of the Caribbean islands. Big bucks to be had. Plus I wouldn't have to sneak my Havana's past customs anymore! :p

Well, I've been to Cuba a number of times, including on a Cruise Ship (My Travels Sun Bird out of Montego Bay Jamaica)

It is the most interesting and different island I've ever been to.

You don't need to wait for Fidel to die, you need to wait for a failed American anti Cuba/anti Cuban People policy to die.

pebkac.jpg

pebkac.jpg

pebkac.jpg

My Travel or Airtours as was got out of the cruise business last year. They no longer sail to Cuba (or anywhere else). P&O used to sail to Cuba too, I believe but now that they are owned by Carnival, an American company, I don't think they do any more.

Just found out that Fred Olsen still do Cuba.

Cuba is wonderful, the Cuban people fantastic. The island is marvelous.

If they got rid of their leaders and communism, but kept the island exactly the way it is would suit me fine. Needless to say, I love Cuba, and do not want it to turn into another Mexico, Dominican, Jamaica.

By the way as someone else said........ you have your facts wrong, there are Americans that travel there all the time. It's not illegal for you to be in Cuba!! The Cuban people have nothing against you. Your govt makes it illegal for you to spend money there..... if you are caught!

Up until recently the Cuban's didn't stamp your passport out of respect for you, so you had no trouble with your govt on return, but I've heard lately that the Mexican and Cdn govt are squealing on you for being there!!

Cuba si................

Just found out that Fred Olsen still do Cuba.

we would call in at Grand Turks and Caicos, Cuba, Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, and Grand Cayman in the British Virgin Islands.

from

http://www.cruisereviews.com/FredOlsenCruiseLines/Braemar1.htm

Your search for cuba returned 70 matches.

from

http://www.fredolsencruises.com/fredolsen/search.jsp?ul=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fredolsencruises.com%2Ffredolsen%2F&q=cuba&x=0&y=0

I've been to Cuba many times, beautiful beaches & good food :)

Good food.... you are not a pickey eater.

I'll admit one thing, the best Cuban food can be found in Miami or New York. Ironically prepared by Cubans who hate Cuba!:rolleyes:

OK here is where I admit to total ignorance. I've never given the subject much thought or I've been "conditioned" that way but I have always thought it was actually illegal for a US citizen to enter Cuba or Cuba itself would not allow us in their country. Now I feel stupid!

Have to agree with the others, Cuba is a beautiful island, great beaches and the resorts match or exceed those I have stayed in in Mexico, Dominican Republic, Barbados, Aruba etc.. Tourism is alive an well, booming in fact. The Cubans are friendly happy people. At least one Canadian company has developed a partnership with Cuba and has opened a plant there. It is my understanding that it the the US government that prevents US citizens from going there. As much as I enjoy crusing, I have often sat on a Cuba beach watching a ship going by thinking that I ws glad it wasn't stopping. The docking of ships seems to change the tourist areas.

Archived