Next port Cuba ! ?

Rustyone

Cubans currently have one of the highest standards of health care in the Caribbean region and one of the most literate populations in the area. There are many misconceptions about Cuba-some of them purposeful. Tourism is already a key industry has grown substantially in the last 10 years but it is directed at the Canadian and European market.

So - why do people risk their lives to get in a little boat and leave all they knew and loved - - -???

So - why do people risk their lives going thru the border from Mexico and leave all they knew and loved?

So - why do people risk their lives to get in a little boat and leave all they knew and loved - - -???

Like 3/4 of the world, people want a better life (read $$$$) and the US as well as the west in general are the proverbial home of the streets paved in gold.

No one is suggesting that Castro's system isn't wrong, the entire world says that the way you change it is with encouragement not a stick.

Threatening doesn't work to change a country. Didn't work in China, will not work in Cuba.

The anti-Cuba policy of the USA IS the reason Castro is still in power the way he is.

Cuba's beauty is so complete that it over shadows it's faults. I'd love to cruise there again, in the mean time a visit by air every year or two will have to do.

Going to Holigan in March!

I'm not a particular fan of the Caribbean, and Cuba does not particularly appeal to me; but I know many antique auto buffs who would love to be able to get there and buy up those cars from the 50s that the Cubans are still using.

It does seem odd that things from the 1950s (my teen years) are now considered collectible and antique!

I'm not a particular fan of the Caribbean, and Cuba does not particularly appeal to me; but I know many antique auto buffs who would love to be able to get there and buy up those cars from the 50s that the Cubans are still using.

It does seem odd that things from the 1950s (my teen years) are now considered collectible and antique!

There actually aren't that many left (comparitavely) in Cuba. The roads are dominated by Japanese and Korean cars.

See Cuba before the Dodges are gone!:D

Guest LetMeGo
It is rather interesting that we (US citizens) may now travel to communist China, former communist Soviet states, etcs., but that Cuba remains off limits via U.S. departure cities.

Nah... It just goes to show that for politicians personal grudges are a much stronger motivation than ideological differences.;)

Archived