New Ship

MissKittie

On the Cunard web site they show her first set of voyages. After she arrives in the United States she will begin a World Cruise out of NYC. RIght now they are taking reservations for the full world cruise and for large segments of the cruise. Supposedly in a few months, they will offer segments with less days than the current segements.

Keith

It looks like a really pretty ship but its a little small for these days. I don't understand why they ordered such a small ship at 90,000 tons. I mean thats actually small now. They should have hit the 115,000/120,000 tons at least. By the way I heard the QE2 was going to retire in as few years. Any way we will get a QE3 in the future? I think it would be very cool.

James

Perhaps medium sized by today's standards, but not small (I know - semantics).

By keeping her under 100,000GRT, she'll be able to traverse the Panama Canal, something the mega-ships can not do. The new locks, if built, won't be ready for another 8 years or so.

I don't understand why they ordered such a small ship at 90,000 tons.

She's the second largest Cunarder ever - and will be the third largest British cruise ship (after P&O's Ace Ventura...or whatever she is called...)

Peter

I don't understand why they ordered such a small ship at 90,000 tons.

I don't understand why they ordered such a big ship again. Or, okay I understand they ordered it for better profit, but I would have preferred a smaller one. And one much more in line with the QE2: looking like a ship, more single seating restaurants ...

Archived