Keep Checking on cabins

RLM77

Just a quick reminder all to keep checking for the cabin you really want no matter how many times you've checked on the Celebrity site before with no luck.

Yesterday, I discovered an AFT cabin available for our October '06 Hawaii cruise!!!:D We've had this booking since March!

Unbelievable...called TA, and yes it was swapped out for the cabin we had, no muss, no fuss.!!!!

It seems that some folks can't or don't make their final payment on time and cabins open up!

I honestly didn't think it could happen.:eek::D:D

Just a quick reminder all to keep checking for the cabin you really want no matter how many times you've checked on the Celebrity site before with no luck.

Yesterday, I discovered an AFT cabin available for our October '06 Hawaii cruise!!!:D We've had this booking since March!

Unbelievable...called TA, and yes it was swapped out for the cabin we had, no muss, no fuss.!!!!

It seems that some folks can't or don't make their final payment on time and cabins open up!

I honestly didn't think it could happen.:eek::D:D

Hello RLM !

Congrats to you. I totally agree, that if at first, you do not get the cabin you want, keep trying. If you are persistant, things usually have a happy ending.

there was a little confusion over ours - we were waitlisted for the suite we wanted, and when I saw it come available (our cruise is next summer) I called my TA immediately - she contacted X and was told it wasn't available - but I emailed her back and said 'look at their site - it's there !!' , so she called X again - and that time they said yes and made the switch, don't know what the problem was but it doesn't matter - we got it !! :)

• 2 weeks later...

RLM, thaks for the wonderful advice. I started checking after I read your thread and guess what....We got an aft CC cabin for our Oct constellation cruise. I can't wait. We booked last dec. this is our third cabin change and also our final one. I feel like we really got lucky!

MMP13--We have never stayed in an aft cc cabin. We are booking a Mediterranean on Millennium and can get a cc or aft cc. I have heard they may be larger and/or larger balcony's but I am concerned about seasickness!!! I would love opinions.

Lisa, WE moved in the same catagory and there is no fee to change your cabin

cml3,

Have never had an aft either. the balcony is quite a bit larger. AS for seasickness,,,I'm hoping for the best.

MMP13--We have never stayed in an aft cc cabin. We are booking a Mediterranean on Millennium and can get a cc or aft cc. I have heard they may be larger and/or larger balcony's but I am concerned about seasickness!!! I would love opinions.

Yes, there is a bit more motion...but taking Bonine or other sea sick remedies usually work. But cruising in the Med shouldn't be an issue, and an aft cabin would be a delighful experience.

Karyn

MMp13-Tatka-Karynanne Thanks for the advise. We have been on several cruises but have chosen cabins that were midship. I have been tempted to book Aft because everyone seems to love them.

Cinnabel-The way I check cabin availability is to plug in all the info for the cruise you want (ship-date) then i think you click on book this-then it will give you the cabin types. Chose the category you want-at the top of the screen there is a box to put a specific cabin# in. It will tell you if it is booked. I usually have the catalog with the ship layout in front of me and just start plugging in #'s---I hope this helps.

My stradegy is to take control myself, until I get the cabin I want. I will book the cruise myself on the X website, (or on the ship). Then I do as many here have said, just go to the website and check available cabins daily. Prior to doing this, I lost out on a good cabin once by trying to contact my TA, as the cabins can disappear quickly. After I get my desired cabin I transfer all to my TA. I finally got an aft for our Panama Canal cruise, and have had FV's for Hawaii, and upcoming TAtlantic in 2 weeks.

Celebrity is also good at working waitlists and I have had success this way in getting the cabin I really want. As it is automatic, it eliminates checking back.

How do you go about getting waitlisted? Sounds like a huge timesaver!:cool:

Thanks

Yes, they will only waitlist you for one cabin. If there's a 2nd choice that you'd like, the only way to grab it is to keep checking back.

Sounds like it's best to keep on checking. After all, there are 12 aft CC's (9 if you exclude the wheelchair cabins) and 12 Family OV's. Your odds are much better checking back than picking one of these cabins and hoping that's the one where there's a cancellation.

I didn't think waitlisting was possible, but now you're all proving to me otherwise. I did ask previously if I could be waitlisted for a cabin, and was told it was not possible. In fact, the Celebrity agent on the line got frustrated with me. Must be me? :(

Archived