Residency discount?

eggeeb

I'm booked on the NOS in two weeks. I'm not familiar with how cruise critic works but my question is what is a residency discount and how does it work? I live in Miami and don't know if I could benefit from this. I will appreciate any help.

:confused:

The cruise lines have an idea of what percentage of the cabins on a ship they want to have sold by a certain time before the ship is to sail. Say for arguments sake that 50% of the cabins should be sold 1 year in advance, 75% should be sold 6 months in advance, etc. If a particular sailing is not selling well, the cruise line may offer some discounts. One is a special resident price where they will pick several states and offer a reduced price to the residents of that state. Another discount is the senior discount that they may offer to anyone over 55 if a particular cruise is not selling well. The discounts are not offered all the time. If you have booked a cruise you need to continually chekc the prices to see if any discounts become available and then asked to have them applied to the price.

the residency discount. We are in Nevada though and the RCCL agent told us it was available when we booked it and gave it to us. We saved around $900 with it! Our balcony room normally is $1449 pp and we got it for $1149pp and the connecting inside room we got a big discount too (can't remember off hand how much). It would say on RCCL's reservations page if your state qualifies (at least it did when we booked).

Can't wait for NOS in two weeks! Are you traveling with kids? We have a 3 and 5 yo who will be cruising with us.

have fun!

Shannon

I'm booked on the NOS in two weeks. I'm not familiar with how cruise critic works but my question is what is a residency discount and how does it work? I live in Miami and don't know if I could benefit from this. I will appreciate any help.

:confused:

Archived