Seapass card questions

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie cruiser (first cruise booked going to be Freedom - 23 Dec 2007) and from the UK so forgive me if I ask totally stupid questions here.

- Can I start putting money onto my seapass now for my upcoming cruise - the reason I ask is that the exchange rate is extremely good at the moment and I thought I could put £20-£50 on it every few months, which means I would benefit from the great rate now, and have a tidy sum put onto it by the time we cruise.

- If I prebook an excursion (say 6 months prior to cruising) online, and I have quite a bit on my seapass by then, can I pay with that or will I need to pay seperately.

- If, for example, I have approx $500 on my seapass prior to the cruise starting, and only manage to spend $400 (wishfull thinking I know) whilst on board, at the end of the cruise what happens to my $100 credit - will I get it back in cash or will it have to be used as credita against a future cruise.

Hope these are not totally obvious questions....

I would also be interested in this area. I'm also from the UK and, having been on only two Caribbean cruises, was not aware and had never heard of anyone doing this! I'll watch with interest! Please shout if there's anything else I can tell you!!:)

I don't think you can fund your seapass in advance--I think you have to wait until you board. (And why would you give them use of your money so far in advance???) If it's a good rate, go ahead and exchange it--and hold it til your vacation!

There was a thread about this very issue a few days back. The general response was that yes you can pre-pay to your seapass account. It was mentioned that there were two ways of going about it; using your credit card or purchasing gift certificates (the highest denomination was, I believe, $500) which could be used to further fund one's seapass account.

Yes you can put cash on your seapass card before your cruise... just call RCCL and they will handle it. Its always good to know that you wont get a huge charge to your credit card at the end of your cruise... its kinda like a savings account, so you cant spend it on stupid stuff before your cruise and are left with taking nothing.

Archived