Watch Those Flights

zrmolly

I just happen to call United to check on our flights for next Feb and they had us leaving tow hours earlier and taking 10 hours to get from Ma to FLL! They change the flight for us but also said it would most likely change again...:rolleyes:

Sadly, I'm afraid all these changes are just another indication of the fact that Delta may be forced to file Chapter 11 bankruptcy if oil prices continue to escalate. Although I don't expect that it will affect any flights in the near future, I strongly suspect that "Watch those flights" is really good advice! Donia

Hi,

Delta also changed one of our flights and I only found out about it when I called to inquire about one of the connecting flights. The lady at the re-issue desk told me that Delta makes flight changes two times a year. So, depending on when you book your flight and what dates the flights are on, you may very well get a change.

She also said the the re-assignments are done, in mass, by computer, so it will stick you and your companions anywhere it can.

According to the lady I spoke with, the re-issue desk people have a wide latitude in changing your flight back to something more suitable.

Steeler

Talk about nervous, we are booked on United. We have always flown Delta but this time United beat Delta's by alot of money....If anyone is going down, its United. :o

Whenever you make flights that far in advance you are likely to have schedule changes. The airlines are always adjusting the flight time, adding flights, cutting flights.

Keep an eye on your itinerary on the airline website for changes. If you aren't happy with them call them. I rarely make flight arrangements more than 120 days out.

Scott

We will be sailing on the Diamond next month... flying to Vancouver on Air Canada and flying back from Seattle on United from Seattle. I've been logging onto flyertalk with a .com for at least a year now and read all the million milers talk about each airline and their problems... and I do mean each airline. Since 911 the airline industry has been teetering on the brink. But, with flyertalk I'm more informed and therefore not as nervous. I usually turn in miles when flying abroad and that means 331 days prior, so I check my flights monthly. As time draws near, I check weekly and 2 weeks to go, I check every day. '

Sandy

I booked out flights back in January and a few weeks ago friends of our cruised and she told me that US Airways had changed their flights. Not only that they had the 2 boys (ages 10 and 11) on a completely different flight. So I decided to check our flights and you guessed it, they were changed. They had us leaving FLL at 9:50 AM instead of the original 11:25. I called and they changed it back, but also told me if may change again.

Bought our flights back in May for the upcoming TP cruise to fly us into LAX. Just happened to be looking today and found out that they had changed all of the flight times we had booked to those that we could not possibly make.

We were never notified about the change by Orbitz, so that may be a hit and miss thing with them.

Luckily AA will change the flights to other times IF they changed the schedule without an extra fee.

Now we are very happy with out new flights. Just glad I happened to notice that they weren't the ones we had booked previously.

This happened to us, too. We were booked on a 9pm flight on 9/24 for our 9/25 Diamond sailing. Just received an email from USAirways that our flight is now leaving at 6 pm. This screws us totally up because DH doesn't have any more days and was supposed to work on 9/24. His boss is being an ass but there is no other flight later on any other airline :(

If you have seat assignments on Delta already, watch them also. They changed our flight by one minute and it erased all of our seat assignments. There are 8 of us flying. Luckily, I check our itinerary daily, along with our Personalizer, and I noticed it right away so I called Delta and got the seats re-assigned. If I wouldn't have noticed, we could have gotten split up. That might not have been a problem except 3 in our group are children and 2 of the 5 adults have never flown before!

I have found when booking flights months in advance they can change several times before hand. The nice thing I have found is that when THEY change the flights, I can change them to whatever flight times I want on the same day. I have often times been able to get the higher priced morning flights that way.

Thanks for the heads-up. I just checked my Delta flights and they've changed, but only by 20 minutes. We now leave MHT @ 1:20PM and arrive in FLL on 12/25 @ 7:03PM and leave FLL on 1/2 @ 12:03PM arriving at MHT @ 6:07PM. Those times work for me -- it means we don't have to get up at the crack of dawn on Christmas Day and we don't get in too late on the 2nd.

Seats can be changed when they change the aircraft for same flights and at the same times that you have booked. This and elimination of flights are the biggest problems. Flight times and numbers can change several times prior to departure with early booking. As with most other things now a days you must check, check and re-check constantly to make sure you are getting what you paid for. :(

I recently checked my flights from Delta also and I am more than happy they changed it. I only had a half hour before to change planes in Atlanta and now I am leaving extremely early from Cincinnati but have a two hour window in Atlanta to change planes. I was too anxious over the 30 minute turn around time (me making it to next plane and/or luggage making it). Also, have seat assignments for late August so will keep checking that.

Thanks for the heads up.

Julie

My husband is an airline employee and he says many people do not make sure the airline has their phone number, he says many travel agents do not make that available to them. Before he worked with the airline I had always made sure they had our contact info and I always keep checking(just because Murphy's law always applies to us.) We have had travel agents that were really on top of things and would call us with changes.

Archived