Idiot Questions

christhree

This is soooooooooo cool! I don't have to ask any questions, my answers just magically appear! I must be "psychotic"! I would be an iron-packing, bungee cord-forgetting fool if it wasn't for this place and the patience of others more experienced than myself. I would probably be asking questions about taking game stations, BUT WE'RE NOT TAKING THE KIDS WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!! (By the way, I LOVE my children very much!) Now, if I could just go back in the threads and figure out how to reactivate my signature and countdown clock, things would be heavenly. Hopefully, I'll figure it out before we cruise on the Conquest on November 14th.

She threw some Jello on my post too.

DUCK I think that was the blue jello that just hit the wall. Take this with a grain of salt not bash anyone, but remember what you consider fun might not be to others. :D

WAR CC!!

Moi?????

I don't throw jell-o shots honey, I eat them!!!!! :D

Well, there is one poster I mentioned throwing them at but that is another poster and another thread!! :D

If you look at Chris's post you will see that they are trying to flame fires.

Chris is a seasoned Cruiser and I am sure they know all there is to know about cruising--but you have a lot of new people here. ALso a lot of people who wont post questiones because of answers like chris will give.

Give it a break. And find another message board that is more to your liking.

People cruise for a variety of reasons. and if I want to wash my clothes while I play my game boy all the while talking on my cell phone...wearng speedos - why would you care how i spent my vacation.

Cruiseobsessed

You're just using the wrong ingredients, if you use the right stuff, and let it go down smooth, you begin to wiggle like the jello and you can stay in sync. Shooting it then becomes no problem.;) Doesn't even take practice.

And if you don't know the right ingredients, a while back we were posting bunches of recipes. Some really good ones too!:eek:

My anticipation and excitement of an upcoming cruise makes me ask those "stupid" questions over and over. I get so excited that I need to ask questions regarding every aspect of the cruise I'm going on. I drool at every little piece of info I get and then dream about it at night. Am I a sorry case or what? Each cruise is different. My feeling is that no question is a stupid question, well, at least that's what my teachers always told me!!! If any of you newbies want to ask me something, go right ahead!! I'd love to tell you! We were all first-timers! Happy cruising!!!:D:D:D

The original post does hint of an elitist mindset....most of the rest seem to hint of a need for a 12 step program! Oh, and my jello shots are chillin' in the fridge...use ice trays...then you can just take the tray to bed with a spoon and mello with the jello!

Obviously somebody logged in on the wrong side of the computer tonight. :D

It's no wonder this board has the reputation is does with threads like this one.

There are much more important things to get upset about, like people not knowing the difference between to and too, your and you're or there, their and they're. GEEZ! :D ;)

See a thread you're not interested in . . . . . just MOVE ON.

Over the years I get pretty bored with some of the questions also, even when some of the questions are clearly asked to incite a disagreeable reaction.

Some of the questioners are regulars who clearly ask the most mundane questions just to illicit responses from their friends who provide entertainment for them throughout the day. Its obvious. They have a life that is very limited socially, so they hang on the boards all day trading "drunk" stories and sexual fantasies. Who cares. :confused:

Just MOVE ON. There is lots of valuable information in that thread just down the page that can be used for one's next cruise. Utilize that information and contribute when you can. :)

Just thought I'd add my two cents.

I would have been lost on my first cruise had it not been for those "moronic" questions.

Sounds like someone pissed in her coffee this morning! To each his own!

and by the way, NO question is a silly or dumb one...b/c most likely there is another person out there wondering the same thing. This way, we all benefit from someone else's knowledge.

~J

Christhree, this is not my board and I did not start it. I was under the impression that it was a place people came to talk about the past, present, and future cruises. I dont think you were angry about repitition, but the quality of questions. And perhaps how a family chooses to enjoy there vacations, you seemed angry because you didnt like what other people were going to do on there vacations. How much time they spent with there kids, if they wanted to play video games, of if there was a sports channel to watch football. Well that to me makes you a sad person. If you choose not to answer a question of mine, so be it. BUT, ITS NONE OF YOUR DARN BUSINESS WHAT I'M DOING ON MY VACATION. YOUR NOT PAYING FOR IT. SO KISS MY A#$.

There are two reasons I come to this board. The first one is to find out information I don't already know about. The second is to answer people's questions that I do already have the answer to. I enjoy sharing the knowledge that I have gained over the few cruises I have taken. New cruisers please continue to ask away. I will gladly answer them for you.

I have been on two cruises now and still do not consider myself a seasoned cruiser. I still ask questions and will continue. I read these boards for information and what I do on vacation is my concern. If I see a thread that I don't want to participate, I just move along. Now, for the strawberry jello-shot. Pass it on, halos.:) :)

OK Chris,
I think you've been in the corner long enough.
We will just say that you were having a bad moment and took it out in typing. Sometimes thoughts come to your head (why would people worry about an videos and video games while on a cruise??) that should be left IN your head and not communicated. Everyone has their own 'thing'.
At first I wondered about people bringing these 'toys' with them...but to be honest, after I thought aboiut it, is that any different than my reading a book out on the lounge chair on the Lido??? Not really. I can read that book at home...SO...let everyone enjoy their cruise their way, and when you feel frustration, think before you 'speak' especially if the matter is one of personal choices.
Don't feel too bad, we've all said something we regret at one time or another. We're all just human unfortunately.

[quote name='halos']Moi?????

Well, there is one poster I mentioned throwing them at but that is another poster and another thread!! :D[/QUOTE]
Can I venture a guess? ;)

I'm sure that since the search feature works so much better, we won't see so many repeat questions. But even if we do, we're just helping out people who just want answers and help which is why each one of us came to this board in the first place.

I would just let Chris know that you can get your opinions and points across and still be tactful and considerate. Calling people "idiots" just because they don't want a vacation just likes yours is, well, um... "idiotic" itself. Everyone enjoys something different on vacation... it's MY vacation and nobody else will dictate how it should be done... You got irritated because someone wanted to bring a BOOK on vacation! FTLOG, it's a book! Reading for me is therapeutic, as vacation is truly the one time I can sit down with a good book and enjoy it (poolside of course with a nice cocktail)... The condescending remarks you have been making lately are just rude... People should feel free to post what they want to post without the fear of being flamed. If two adults want to go to the disco but still make sure their son is enjoying himself late in the evenings and want to know if he can play a video game, they are more than welcome to ask a question, who are YOU to tell them it is wrong? Tone it down a bit...

[quote name='halos'][color=plum][size=4]LOL!! No guessing necessary...it's obvious, isn't it??[/size][/color] ;)[/QUOTE]
Well I certainly hope it's not me LOL...you know how sensative I am :D.

Now, I gotta go c my peeps u know.....kewl ;)

[quote name='livtojump']Well I certainly hope it's not me LOL...you know how sensative I am :D.

Now, I gotta go c my peeps u know.....kewl ;)[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][COLOR=Olive][SIZE=5]LIV!
He's following me!!
He just sneaked up on me while I was on the Celebrity boards!!!!!!!

[SIZE=3][COLOR=Sienna]I think he's a stalker![/COLOR][/SIZE]

UGH!![/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[quote name='livtojump']Well I certainly hope it's not me LOL...you know how sensative I am :D.

Now, I gotta go c my peeps u know.....kewl ;)[/QUOTE]
LOL... Ull get in trouble for that ;) If you want sumthin not sucky, try the chatrooms, it's real kewl u know. it's the best think goin.

For the most part, I would have to say that no question is a dumb question, but sometimes you have to wonder......
I also have to wonder about the need to bring a video game system on a cruise. Kids these days are addicted to these activities that require no energy. People wonder why kids are getting so fat these days ( especially American kids!) Now, I was a child of the 80's and little when Atari came out. Video games were an activity saved for rainy days, and after dark. I spent most of my time running around outside, not sitting on my butt. That is why I was a skinny kid and a normal sized adult who has never had a weight problem. I worry for today's future because a lot of these kids would rather sit on their butts all day long than get up and do things outside and be active. If you look at the youth in Europe, for the most part, they are all normal and healthy sized kids because they don't live off of video games. I think there are a lot of parents out there that use TV and video game systems as a baby sitter or a way to keep the kids out of their hair for a while.
For Pete's sake, you're on a cruise, where there are activities almost 24/7. Why encourage the kids to stay cooped up in the room playing video games? If they want to stay in the room for a break, why not encourage them to read a book or something more worthwhile. I just don't get it.

Archived