Here is a Copy of The Bar Set Up List with Prices

shoreguy

We booked our last Majesty cruise just two weeks prior to departure. I immediately e-mailed the ship's coordinator to order our bar set-up. Received an e-mail back within 12 hours along with a phone number to call her for CC info. :D She said our CC would be billed the week prior to sailing. Not a problem -- bar set-up was in our cabin, and CC was charged the Wednesday before sailing.

Why call when it's so much easier to accomplish the same task via e-mail??:confused:

I find this Bar Setup thing a bit stupid. I'm in a suite, but I'm the only drinker. Now I may fancy the odd beer on the balcony, or maybe a pre dinner drink. I'd like to have a choice of what I drink each day/night. But to get a choice I would have to purchase 1 ltr bottles of whatever different spirits I might like.

Why can't they just stock the bar like a hotel mini bar, and have the butler replenish on a daily basis. For me the bar looks like a waste of space, because number one I don't want to buy bottles that will end up wasted, and number two, being a UK customer, NCL don't exactly make it easy to order a bar set up. I have asked both my TA and NCL (London) for details and an order form, but neither seem to have ever heard of a bar setup. I give up.

don't know what ship you are going on but some do have mini bars: I just don't remember what is in them: If you don't want to bother with the bar set up just order from the bar directly when want something. We cruised with several from UK last year and none seem to be having any problems: I don't know if they ordered bar set ups or not. Remember unless you are doing a Europian cruise or Atlantic crossing,the majority of the cruiser will be from the Americas. You think it is stupid but it is the same on all cruise lines. NMNita ps all mass marketed lines I should say.

I'm really really impressed with the service about the bar set up. From the first e-mail i sent to the ship coordinator, it took about half an hour till the order was ready.

A bottle of gin and a bottle of bacardi will now be there for me. :D

Great work, NCL.

Am I missing something? That is the wine order form. I am going to settle for my Chuck $3 and pay the corckage. I'm easy but would like to find a bar set up order form if available.

There is an order form for wine that can be faxed but for bar setup all there is is the bar setup list which shoreguy posted the image of on the 1st post. Then all you do is choose what you want and email shipcoordinator(ship-name)@ncl.com and they will respond with instructions on how to finish the transaction on the phone (credit card payment).

does anyone know if you can order the bar alcohol from your cabin once you board, or do you just have to order it via the ship coordinator? also, if you bring wine, what is the corkage fee? is there a limit to the # of bottles of wine? thanks so much. 11/9 spirit-here we come!!!!

does anyone know if you can order the bar alcohol from your cabin once you board, or do you just have to order it via the ship coordinator? also, if you bring wine, what is the corkage fee? is there a limit to the # of bottles of wine? thanks so much. 11/9 spirit-here we come!!!!

If you order liquor from a bar on the ship for your cabin they will charge you per shot.....so the bottle will cost about double of the bar set up prices, and you will pay the automatic 15% tip on top of the price.

Wine is $15 per bottle for the corkage fee.....haven't heard of any specific limits to the amount you can bring.

I have ordered bar set ups previously but it is now proving to be very difficult. I called the number and was told I would find a list in my cruise docs and wait until that had been received. By another person, I was told to contact my ship coordinator by email which I did with no response. I called again today and was given my ship coordinator's direct extension and then transferred to what was a full viuce mail box and could not leave a message..

Normally, I have had good luck with NCL passenger services but this is getting frustrating. Has anyone else tried to order anything for the SUN recently and did you have this much difficulty? Our ship coordinator is Maybelline Gutierrez and she did email me quite a long time ago concerning our cruise critic get together which I am organizing, but now she has disappeared.

are you guys serious? those prices are horrible.... thats pretty crappy how they charge so much... no wonder why people sneak stuff onbroad.. im sure all the stuff they are selling is duty free to so there making a killing.. bacardi silver is 20 dollars or less in the liquor store.. they want 40.. thats double.. i understand they want to make money but jeezz

are you guys serious? those prices are horrible.... thats pretty crappy how they charge so much... no wonder why people sneak stuff onbroad.. im sure all the stuff they are selling is duty free to so there making a killing.. bacardi silver is 20 dollars or less in the liquor store.. they want 40.. thats double.. i understand they want to make money but jeezz

The ship coordinator came through and was very nice. I got everything accomplished and was quite pleased the way it was handled.

You will have a choice of liquors to choose from for the Owner's Suite and you will get a total of 3 bottles.

People keep saying a shot is 1oz, last time I checked it was 1.5oz.

Can you still bring wine on the ships and pay the corkage fee ($8?) at dinner?

1.5 is a jigger or a gill - a shot is in fact one oz.

You can bring wine but corkage ($15) will be charged when you board on all bottles.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived