? re: 10 day cruising locks on regal

DONNALAKA

i am trying to find out what time the regal princess full transit in feb goes thru the locks........... almost seems like it might happen during the night ..... would this be possible ? called princess w/o an answer. does anyone who did the 10 day acapulco to san juan have this info ? much appreciated ºÜº

Which specific locks are you interested in? As LARGIN says, it's an all-day affair.

My experience, albeit years ago, on the Sun Princess is that we approached the Canal at about 5:30AM, while it was still dark. We went through the series of locks, Gatun Lake, etc., finally entering the Pacific at about 3PM. I would guess it's somewhat similar going in the opposite direction. Regardless, you'll be going through at least most of the locks during full daylight.

THis is from the Princess web site for those cruises. On the Feb 9 and the 19 trips the Panama Canal shows 7 AM to 4:30 PM, on the 19 it shows 7Am to 3:30 PM.

San Juan, Puerto Rico 11:00 PM

2 At Sea

3 Aruba 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

4 At Sea

5 Panama Canal, Panama 7:00 AM 4:30 PM

5 Fuerte Amador, Panama (for Panama City) 5:00 PM 10:00 PM

thank u everyone for the info . i saw the actual itinerary when i booked and since on princess web ,but i was ignorant of the actual process........ i heard about excursions and couldn't fathom how this took place .. etc :p anyway...... it's geting clearer. many thanks !

Archived