Need cabin help-- aft vs hump on Radiance class

Here's my quandry. We are family of four (with me who can obviously not make up my mind). We can get an aft side cabin (room 1100) for about the same price as TWO category E3 humps/bumps or whatever they are called. The E3 humps are next door to each other but do not have a door between. My kids will be 13 and 11 at time of cruise. I was initially REALLY excited to have the aft cabin because the balcony is so huge. I don't know how big the hump balconies are but from what I gather on this board they sound larger than normal. I don't know if they will fit lounge chairs like the aft cabin will either.

Aft junior suite cabin (from brochure) 293 sq ft, balcony 66 sq ft

E3 Hump/bump (from brochure) 179 sq ft, balcony 41 sq ft

Can someone help me? I don't know why I'm having such a problem making up my mind here.

Take the 2 humps! Your kids are quite old enough NOT to have a door between you! You'll still be right next door. And you'll still have a lovely balcony! Your vacation will be much nicer by having the extra room and privacy!!!!

Having cruised with my boys when they were those ages, I would go with the 2 cabins. You each get your own bathroom and lots more space--a definite plus and worth more than the extra balcony space with the aft js. Have fun whatever you decide.

Archived