Jogging on board - health & safety issue?

scottish norman

In my experience on board jogging tracks are located on sun decks and one has to compete with deckchairs, children and misc stationary people. Progress is akin to running on a dodgem track!

For this reason I prefer to run on promenade decks - few people, wide decks and rarely slippy.

One thing to remember when you run on the Promenade Deck is the time when you run.

Cabins are usually below the P. Ds., and an early bird runner, 5.30-7.30am wakens these passengers whether they like it or not.

PLEASE observe posted signs on the Promenade Decks regarding this problem.

Sleepers have rights too!!!

john

One thing to remember when you run on the Promenade Deck is the time when you run.

Cabins are usually below the P. Ds., and an early bird runner, 5.30-7.30am wakens these passengers whether they like it or not.

PLEASE observe posted signs on the Promenade Decks regarding this problem.

Sleepers have rights too!!!

john

Your advice for everyone is pertinent but I suspect Scottish Norman will not see your reply since his post was 9 years ago and he hasn't been around since.;):)

If you take a long bus trip, airline trip, etc. you can not run on those vehicles. We think the OP is correct, that jogging on many ships is not without risk to both the jogger and other, less then alert, cruisers. In addition, on many ships there is not promenade deck that encircles the ship, and sometimes there are parts of promenade decks that are over cabins or certain well-populated public areas. While some joggers do not care about jogging on top of cabins, we have been in such cabins only to be awakened by the "thump thump thump" of joggers.

I should add that we have several crew member friends who are joggers and you will see them jogging in various ports. There are many things that just cannot be easily done on cruise ships (try playing a soccer game, baseball, etc).

Hank