New Security Rules: Rx Problems

arabrab

Wasn't two of the alleged bombers pregnant women? One never knows who they can brainwash to do their dirty deeds..

No one was pregnant....the other had a 6 month old child. However....there still is a better way to screen folks. We are always OVER reacting when something happen in the world....always chasing our tails:rolleyes:

Are we over reacting?Dont think so....what is the profile if it was that simple our military personel would not be blown up by car bombs w/ women,children or older folks in them.Some of the 9/11 group looked like typical students....Look they want prpper paper work on prescriptions and in case of hearthro airport theve gone the extra mile to protect.It wasnt that long ago a ship blew up in mid air the memories are alive and well.This is the day and age of travel to live by.Yes airline workers should be held responsible for lost and or stolen or vandalised propertyso they should update and be more resposible doing their jobs also....Is my cruise getting any closer:confused:

Are we over reacting?Dont think so....what is the profile if it was that simple our military personel would not be blown up by car bombs w/ women,children or older folks in them.Some of the 9/11 group looked like typical students....Look they want prpper paper work on prescriptions and in case of hearthro airport theve gone the extra mile to protect.It wasnt that long ago a ship blew up in mid air the memories are alive and well.This is the day and age of travel to live by.Yes airline workers should be held responsible for lost and or stolen or vandalised propertyso they should update and be more resposible doing their jobs also....Is my cruise getting any closer:confused:

I don't know about your memory......but I don't EVER remember hearing of a ship that blew up in mid-air:eek: Please....tell me about it;)

My point is.... if the US was more pro-active in the terrorism game....folks wouldn't have to be throwing away their prescription medicine because TSA can't tell if it will blow up the plane:rolleyes:

My point is.... if the US was more pro-active in the terrorism game....folks wouldn't have to be throwing away their prescription medicine because TSA can't tell if it will blow up the plane:rolleyes:

First of all this is not a U.S. problem it is a global problem that is being addressed as such. Be happy to be flying in the US where you can still bring carry on's and not just a plastic bag. Second, I do believe the fact that the terrorists were arrested before being able to blow up an airliner shows that we are more pro-active in the terrorism game. A reactive response would have been banning liquids after a flight was blown out of the sky.

First of all this is not a U.S. problem it is a global problem that is being addressed as such. Be happy to be flying in the US where you can still bring carry on's and not just a plastic bag. Second, I do believe the fact that the terrorists were arrested before being able to blow up an airliner shows that we are more pro-active in the terrorism game. A reactive response would have been banning liquids after a flight was blown out of the sky.

I don't remember stating that it was only a US problem. I simple stated that the US needed to be pro-active. One example for you....the US boarders are wide open for anybody to come in. Living in California I am made aware of this fact everyday. To require folks to have a passport to travel between Canada, Mexico, Caribbean and the Bahamas and not secure our boarders is stupid...what's the point.

I'm sorry....but you're all over the road with your post...so I'm not sure if you were looking for some type of answer or not:confused:

I don't think TSA cares about pills - it's liquids and gels that are the problem, isn't it?

Apparently the problem was OP had pills in her possession in a container that did not have a prescription label on it. TSA took it away from her. That action really is pretty standard and doesn't really have anything to do with the latest restrictions.

It has always been that, if you are carrying pills or other medication, it must be in the prescription bottle, clearly labeled with Dr. name, drug name, dosage, patients name, etc. OP was complaining about it. Not TSA's fault, fer sure.

I am so glad I read this post as I am leaving in less than two weeks. My sons require a prescription injection every day. When I mix the diluent, I always throw the box away, but save the prescription paperwork. Duh, now I will save the box with the label and bring it with me. Refering to the OP, the teeny tiny bottle of medicine (that comes in the teeny tiny box with the label) doesn't have a label on it too, so I feel for her. We just have to rethink when we pack nowadays. I'm still learning myself! In the past, the airlines always advised against putting prescription medicine in check in luggage in the event it gets lost. Now, we are to do the opposite, but God forbid we don't have complete paperwork! It's a whole new ballgame now......

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!

Apparently the problem was OP had pills in her possession in a container that did not have a prescription label on it. TSA took it away from her. That action really is pretty standard and doesn't really have anything to do with the latest restrictions.

It has always been that, if you are carrying pills or other medication, it must be in the prescription bottle, clearly labeled with Dr. name, drug name, dosage, patients name, etc. OP was complaining about it. Not TSA's fault, fer sure.

I think the OP had a liquid prescription medication, although it's not entirely clear (she compared her 1/2 oz to somebody else's 4oz of cough medicine). I thought customs was your problem with prescription pills, not TSA (see, e.g. Rush Limbaugh trying to enter the US w/meds that didn't have his name on them).

No matter, my only 'scrip at the moment is a cream that comes in foil packets in 4 little boxes in one BIG box per prescription (talk about excess packaging!), so I'll have to get the pharmacist to label the little boxes instead of the big one. DH will have to get his pills into smaller labelled bottles. We'll just check the vitamins & supplements & if they don't arrive try to find them in our arrival city.

I've filled my prescription at two different mail-order pharmacies, and at several local pharmacies, and NONE of them has ever attempted to put the label on the bottle. But even if it didn't have a personalized label, where's the logic in allowing up to four ounces of any OTC liquid while turning away prescription medication? It isn't like explosives are magically easier to hide in prescription bottles than in a Robitussin bottle?

First, did the product come in a labeled container, and because of the bulk of the container you removed the product? If it did not have a container with a label affixed, then you have grounds for filing a complaint with the Board of Pharmacy in your state, even if the mail order pharmacy was out of state but within the USA. Some pharmacy software allows for a small identifying strip called a "trailer" to be affixed to the smaller container in conjunction with the main container.

Second, I don't want to second guess the TSA on this one, as I don't know what they would not let onboard for you. I suspect that there is a lot more to this foiled event than is being let out. I did travel last Monday, and I can tell you something was going on within airport screening that was not being done 1 week prior. So perhaps something about your size container was on a "watch" list.

I can understand you being upset, but I for one do NOT want to see any lunatic take any innocent life, and will give the TSA a lot of lattitude when it comes to protecting my loved ones and myself.:cool:

Archived