June vs July 2007

kml2000

We will be on the June 2, 2007, sailing of the Serenade. I chose early June after looking at the weather/rain charts, checking the prices, and looking at the itineraries. Please keep in touch if you also decide on this sailing. I'd love to find someone else going, too. No luck yet on the Roll Calls for this sailing. Jan

Hi Jan! I am also sailing on the Serenade June 2nd! I've been wanting to sail on a Radiance class ship and now I get to do it. Our original cruise on the Jewel to New England was cancelled for drydock but I'm glad we changed to Alaska. See you there! ;)

Personally I think a highlight of Alaska is getting to the interior, especially Denali NP. But if that is not possible for you, so be it. But don't count out one way cruises just because of the airfare.

FTI -- I'm looking at a trip in July 2007. Any suggestions on where to stay for one night in Denali?

Couldn't have said it better myself. We also booked Princess in June for all the above reasons. Which Coral cruise are you on? We are on the Coral SB leaving Whittier on 6/11/07. Doing 8 day independent land tour before our cruise.

We, too, are on the 6/11 sailing! I can't put into words how much I'm looking forward to this vacation. How are you getting to Whittier? I want to get to Whittier early on the 11th so we can kayak in the Prince William Sound. I'm thinking about taking Alaskan Leopard but haven't got anything in concrete. Hmmm. Any ideas....anyone?

I apologize for hijacking the thread...I should start a fresh thread for the Whittier question.

-Matt

FTI -- I'm looking at a trip in July 2007. Any suggestions on where to stay for one night in Denali?

This is where we will probably stay if we spend just one night in the Denali area: http://www.denalilakeviewinn.com. I've read great reviews at http://www.tripadvisor.com, and I have friends who stayed there in June and loved it. However, you will need a car if you stay in Healy.

Will you have a car?? My top recommendation is Touch of Wilderness B&B, for a bargain, Denal Park Motel. Plenty of others. :)

We, too, are on the 6/11 sailing! I can't put into words how much I'm looking forward to this vacation. How are you getting to Whittier? I want to get to Whittier early on the 11th so we can kayak in the Prince William Sound. I'm thinking about taking Alaskan Leopard but haven't got anything in concrete. Hmmm. Any ideas....anyone?

I apologize for hijacking the thread...I should start a fresh thread for the Whittier question.

-Matt

Matt - make sure you sign up on the Roll Call for the 6/11 Coral sailing. We will see you there!

We will be returning to Anchorage from Denali on 6/10 and then we are going to take the Alaska RR (Glacier Discovery train) to Whittier. It leaves at 10:00 a.m. and gets to Whittier at 12:20 p.m., which leaves plenty of time for a Prince William Sound tour before boarding the Coral.:)

Patrice

Matt - make sure you sign up on the Roll Call for the 6/11 Coral sailing. We will see you there!

We will be returning to Anchorage from Denali on 6/10 and then we are going to take the Alaska RR (Glacier Discovery train) to Whittier. It leaves at 10:00 a.m. and gets to Whittier at 12:20 p.m., which leaves plenty of time for a Prince William Sound tour before boarding the Coral.:)

Patrice

Patrice - I'd love to take the train but the kayak excursion we are looking at leaves at 10am. I called Alaskan Leopard yesterday. They will be setting their 2007 schedule in a couple of weeks. They plan on being in Whittier by 830am next year. Anyone have any experience with Alaskan Leopard?

Archived