Fodd Quality Poll - Anytime Diners Only!

Tom O.

On my last Princess Cruise I had Anytime Dining and the quality of the food was:  

130 members have voted

1. 1. On my last Princess Cruise I had Anytime Dining and the quality of the food was:

• Excellent
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Terrible

• 3 weeks later...
I've only been on the Sun Princess, and my Anytime Dining experience was good to excellent. Food was generally better than good, although I had an absolutely awful piece of salmon one night. Lobster was so good it made me wonder why I ever thought I liked crab better. Desserts were good with an occasional outstanding. Waitstaff was not really friendly (at least with our table of two), but did notice them talking with other passengers. Service was good most nights, but with lapses. (We chose Anytime Dining again for our 14 days coming up, simply because we like to choose the time.)

Addendum...The first evening of our 14 we had a waiter & ass't. (Peeranut & Thirada) that were good, and became great (I had trouble understanding them at first, but this did not take away from their excellent service). They learned our likes, made good suggestions, were attentive (even with large parties at nearby tables, I rarely felt like I was waiting), and were sweet & endearing. The food was mostly excellent, so much so that I went on a galley tour and bought the cookbook. From soup to dessert, never sent a dish back & was only disappointed once. My SO, who travels & entertains extensively, was also very pleased with the service and food. (I believe the two are closely related, because if the food is allowed to sit too long before serving, it can get dry, change temperature/texture or ingredients can start to separate. It's very important the waiter understands that.)

Food on the Golden was average to fairly good.

The service was one evening excellent, two evenings good and the rest offhand and unfriendly!! Only to be expected since the incentive to provide excellent service has been removed!! The Maitre D' was unfriendly and never came to any of the tables we were on!! Of course, he is onto a winner!!

We enjoy the "Anytim Dining" because of convienience but still prefer "Traditional". We were on the Caribbean Princess this past Feb. and food was good. Never had anything We would rate excellent. Service, was OK but not friendly.

Tom O.,

We just returned from the Crown Princess Aug 16th sailing - this was our first time with Anytime Dining - we tried hard to get traditional but no luck. We did request and were assigned the same restaurant, table, and wait staff for our whole cruise. As far as the food selection, on many nights, I had a problem with the food selection as only one entree appealed to me. That being said, all of the entrees I selected were very tasty. I did note that on several occasions, the variety salads had wilted lettuce, and because of that, I normally selected the Caesar Salad which was always fresh and not swimming in dressing. One thing we were told is that the Baked Alaska was only served in Traditional Dining - due to the fact that in Anytime diners are coming and going at various times and thus it was impossible to get all the wait staff together for the grand entrance.

I have to say, based on my 2 Princess cruises, and 3 Celebrity cruises, I preferred the food on Celebrity.

Just Cruising Pete's wife - Helen

I found overall food to be the best on Princess compare to other lines... but Celebrity still wins in DR.

I would rate Princess DR food as good to exellent.

I see you sailed aboard the Admiral Nakhimov just before the terrible accident that sank her.

Any stories of an old ship the pedigree of which is long over?

Archived