Help with Priceline for hotel in Vancouver

I've been trying for a few months now - every three days without success in getting a hotel for 8/24 in Vancouver. Can any of you who have had success in getting a hotel in Vancouver through Priceline provide me with some tips? I've been picking 3 or 4 star in the Vancouver area with a bid of $65. Thanks!

I used priceline for my trip to Vancouver and was able to get the Vancouver Hyatt which is pretty close to Canada Place for $86 on 7/17 and for $73 on 7/25. The second day I was suprised about since they are running the Molson Canadian Indy in the streets of Vancouver on that day.

WWeezel

I got 3 nights (2 seperate bids)with priceline in Vancouver for July at the Hyatt near Canada Place. $62.00 was my winning bids and $75.00 with tax. What area are you bidding for? Are you putting in 4 star? Did you figure out your rebid zones? Would love to try to help you.

I re-read your post and answered some of my questions. You have 2 re-bid zones so you should be able to have 3 attempts of bidding every 3 days. As of today, Langley and Delta do not offer 4 star zones so you can add them one at a time for a chance of a re-bid. I would check 4 star, Vancouver area, and start my bidding at $62.00, if denied just add one of your rebid zones and then bid $65.00 and if necessary use your last rebid zone and bid $70.00. I see several people are still able to get the Hyatt Regancy at Canada Place for under $70.00. If you need more help check out http://www.betterbidding.com GOOD LUCK!

We too were having trouble getting a hotel on Priceline for September. I bid $70 two days ago and was refused but offered a free rebid if I went up $22. I was tired of trying and still figured $92 was still a good deal for a 4* hotel, so I agreed. According to what I have read about Priceline I probably could have added a "free" rebid zone and upped my bid by half ($11) and still got it but like I said I was tired of playing the game. I was successful at $92 getting the Hyatt. I was very happy with this.

We just returned and spent June 19th at the Hyatt. {Priceline $65}

We had a nice room, 6th floor,king bed and friendly hotel staff.

The location was perfect. This was a great deal!!

We have a Priceline reservation at the Hyatt Regency 8/14-8/17 @ $65 USD/night (4* Vancouver Downtown). I use Priceline whenever I am in a big city. No one comes close to their prices. Would also suggest the site at http://www.biddingfortravel.com. It is an invaluable resource for us PLN junkies.

Have a great trip.

ed

I definitely follow the other people's suggestions in the previous replies and visit www.biddingfortravel.com. As a PLN junkie (all I use is Priceline whenever I need a hotel room in any big cities), I learned a few more tricks after reading it.

I just bid yesterday for July 24-26 in Vancouver and got it on the initial try, 4* Vancouver at $50/night. The hotel is Marriott Pinnacle.

I personally suggest checking out the other sites, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, and Hotels. Also consider downloading SideStep (sidestep.com). It's a neat little travel tool I use to compare prices before I bid in Priceline.

--Vanessa

I've wanted to use priceline a number of times, but couldn't quite do it. All the warnings about bed types not being guaranteed is a deal breaker for me. If you need two beds, the advice is to book two rooms...

Hi.. there's never a guarantee but I always call the hotel directly after I book through Priceline to request 2 double or queen beds rather than a king. I've never had a problem in the past 5 years or so. But then again, I have gotten a couple of "We'll try our best to accomodate your request, but we won't be able to confirm whether or not you'll get 2 beds until the day of your check-in" kind of response.

You're right that if you absolutely need 2 beds, then Priceline is definitely not the way to go. You're better off bidding for 2 rooms or going through other online sites. :)

Archived