MUTS:do all ships have ?

DONNALAKA

wondering about regal in panama ?
No. To date, only the Grand, Sea, Caribbean and Crown Princess have MUTS. There were, but are no longer to my knowledge, plans to retrofit the older ships but rather design new ships with MUTS.

awwwww what a shame !

seemed a neat concept and "their" trademark. i thought refitting was happening just didn't know if regal was yet ! soooo disappointing that was abandonded . oh well . thanks pam, for the info .

Retrofitting isn't as easy as it sounds. The screen has to be quite high in order to be viewed properly plus it would have to be done during a dry dock which is usually only every two years. Also, keep in mind that most Princess ships don't cruise 100% in warm climates. Retrofitting MUTS would be a major expense on ships where passengers would be able to use it only part of the time. It hasn't proven as popular as Princess thought.

As for the Regal, she's leaving the fleet next year so there's no way they'd retrofit her. She's a great ship... love the swim-up bar pool. You'll enjoy being on her.

wow pam ...... u have great trips planned ! have safe, happy travels. i will look for your post and reviews after .............
Thanks! I retired in March and as you can see, enjoying my free time thoroughly! I'm off to Russia in a couple of weeks. Can't wait!

No MUTS on Regal for the reasons stated - but she does have a very nice dedicated cinema - the last in the current Princess fleet, and a venue that I wish they would bring back on future new-builds!
Michael... I don't remember the dedicated cinema on the Regal and I just checked the deck plans to refresh my memory. Where is it? I remember the dedicated cinema on the Royal Princess but don't remember anything like that on the Regal.

Thanks! I retired in March and as you can see, enjoying my free time thoroughly! I'm off to Russia in a couple of weeks. Can't wait!

Have fun!!! I was born and grew up in USSR , and I loved to travel in St. Petersburg and Moscow.:)

What is your itinerary?

We (a friend and I) leave on 9/5 and fly to Moscow. We board the riverboat (it's a Viking cruise) and then spend the next three days there -- tours and the Moscow Circus included. From Moscow, we sail (if that's what riverboats do) to Uglich, Yaroslavl, Kizhi, Svir River and then on to St. Petersburg, where we spend almost 4 days. There is a bus tour or walking tour every day in villages along the way. I was in Moscow, Kiev and St. Petersburg (then called Leningrad) for almost three weeks in the early 70s. We're really looking forward to this cruise. It'll be quite different from what we're used to on Princess.

We (a friend and I) leave on 9/5 and fly to Moscow. We board the riverboat (it's a Viking cruise) and then spend the next three days there -- tours and the Moscow Circus included. From Moscow, we sail (if that's what riverboats do) to Uglich, Yaroslavl, Kizhi, Svir River and then on to St. Petersburg, where we spend almost 4 days. There is a bus tour or walking tour every day in villages along the way. I was in Moscow, Kiev and St. Petersburg (then called Leningrad) for almost three weeks in the early 70s. We're really looking forward to this cruise. It'll be quite different from what we're used to on Princess.

In early 70-ies I was an infant/toddler. ;)

Things've changed alot. Moscow now is one of the most expensive cities in the world (I think realestate there tops MA easily). The rest of Russia is quite different but still it's progressed alot.:)

I visited Moscow many times in 80-ies and beginning of 90-ies, but only 2 times Leningrad, although I spent about 1 month every time. IMHO Leningrad is more interesting city of two, with many more opportunities for sightseeing. Don't miss Peterhoff and Pushkin! I also loved palaces in Pavlovsk (Oranienbaum)

I have relatives living in Yaroslavl.. one of them currently works in Brown Univercity in RI... From what I remember Yaroslavl is a pleasant town.

If you can see from my signature I have two cruises in Volga ... (One of them was my honemoon) ,loved them both! You cruise is different, but I think you will have terrific time in Russia.

Please post your review after cruise is completed.

Archived