RCCL Visa Reward Points

I know this has been discussed before but when I did a search the information that I'm needing didn't come up. So...can someone tell me the procedure that I need to follow to obtain my RCCL Visa points and to apply them for an onboard credit? Thank you!
Call customer service number on the statement and tell them how many points you want to redeem. Then they send you the coupon. You then check the box for the item you want and send that to the address on the back.

I simply contacted MBNA and asked for a 125,000 point certificate (and a separate 5,000 point certificate as well for a $50 onboard credit). After I hung up the phone with MBNA, I contacted RCCL and booked a 7 night cruise for 2, paid the additional for my DS only, and was told to send in my certificates when I received them. Which I did via USPS.

That's it.

If you are redeeming a large number of points - say 15,000 points, be sure to specify that you want 3 of the 5,000 point coupons not a 15,000 point coupon. I believe the 5,000 point coupons are the only ones you can use specifically for onboard credit.

The nice thing is that you can get and use as many as you have points for. We're getting 4 of them for $200 of onboard credit on our upcoming cruise (lets see, how much is that in Mai Tai's... :D ).

Hope you don't me popping in here. I'm waiting for my card to come in the mail but I have 2 questions:

A. do the points expire after a certain amount of time?

(although I doubt I will EVER have this problem:D )

B. someone on another thread said the annual amount you can earn is 125,000 points. The above poster mentioned spending 125,000 & another 5,000. I assume the 5,000 must have been into the new year?

thanks

Hope you don't me popping in here. I'm waiting for my card to come in the mail but I have 2 questions:

A. do the points expire after a certain amount of time?

(although I doubt I will EVER have this problem:D )

B. someone on another thread said the annual amount you can earn is 125,000 points. The above poster mentioned spending 125,000 & another 5,000. I assume the 5,000 must have been into the new year?

thanks

Yes, your points WILL expire after 5 years. For example, if you earn 1000 points in August 2006, 2000 points in September 2006 and so on, then your 1st 1000 points will expire in August 2011 (5 year point), the 2000 points would expire in September 2011, and so on.

You can redeem up to 625,000 points in a 5 year period and may only earn up to 125,000 points per year.

More info... you earn 1 point per dollar spent for most purchases; however, you'll earn 2 points per dollar spent for RCI purchases. You will NOT earn points if you use your "bill pay" account through the credit card (clarification: if you go to MBNA's website and pay your bills through their site you will NOT get points).

Hope this helps!

thanks

That was me, above. The 125,000 was counted towards 12 months, and the additional 5,000 counted towards the following 3 months (it took me 15 months total to accumulate the 130.000 points).

But they still allowed me to used all of them at once, thankfully! :)

Hope that makes sense?

It does say this in the fine print, and likely in the site offer. Sorry!

One way around it-pay bills in person. My cable bill is $170 per month, and guess how I pay it? That goes for utilities, groceries, entertainment, and ALL shopping!

for my Muni utilities: Electricity, Sewer & Water.

But I do get plenty of points for Gas, Telephone, Property Taxes, anything I can tell them to charge to my RCCL VISA.

Yes, your points WILL expire after 5 years. For example, if you earn 1000 points in August 2006, 2000 points in September 2006 and so on, then your 1st 1000 points will expire in August 2011 (5 year point), the 2000 points would expire in September 2011, and so on.

You can redeem up to 625,000 points in a 5 year period and may only earn up to 125,000 points per year.

More info... you earn 1 point per dollar spent for most purchases; however, you'll earn 2 points per dollar spent for RCI purchases. You will NOT earn points if you use your "bill pay" account through the credit card (clarification: if you go to MBNA's website and pay your bills through their site you will NOT get points).

Hope this helps!

QTMichele....where did you find out that if I pay my MBNA bill online thru their website that I won't get my points? That really stinks!!

I found out when I went to MBNA's website and started the process for bill payment. It is clearly stated (probably in fine print?) that their bill payment is not eligible for points. However, if your creditors accept credit card payments, then you can get points by paying directly to them.

PS It DOES stink! I was really looking forward to getting a free cruise just by paying my bills!!!

that is not what she was saying. What it is: if you pay a bill, such as my Cleveland Public Power bill via the Bill Pay area of the site. You get -0- points. But when Dominion East Ohio Gas bills RCCL VISA for my bill, I do get them but I pay $4 service fee to do it. In the summer when it is $6 I just use the banks bill pay. Same with my property taxes, same with my cell phone bill, Direct TV, AT&T and any other bills we get. Transferring another credit card balance gets no points, nor does a money transaction.

Yes I do pay off the account the day before billing date, so I am always a -0- balance. All points are on the statement the day after the billing date.

QTMichele....where did you find out that if I pay my MBNA bill online thru their website that I won't get my points? That really stinks!!

Is there a problem with paying your bill TOO SOON? For instance, if I use the RC card for groceries and pay them off at the end of the day, will there be any problem getting the rewards points? I'm more likely to pay it to zero if I don't wait till the due date. :confused:

Is there a problem with paying your bill TOO SOON? For instance, if I use the RC card for groceries and pay them off at the end of the day, will there be any problem getting the rewards points? I'm more likely to pay it to zero if I don't wait till the due date. :confused:

I'm a little confused - You pay it back the same day you charge it? If you meant that you pay it off each month, then I can say that you will still get the reward points. That is what we do. You'll see them on your statement.

Another question, if i want my points to go for my parents cruise, can I reserve it in their name?

Yes, we booked a 'TBA' cabin that my fiance's sister is going to use on our upcoming cruise, we put the deposit on our card and will pay the balance on our card, whe will pay us back. :)

oops, another, can you book thru a travel agent for a cruise a long way off, then about 6 months out, get your points certificate and use them?

Yes, get the points each month that you have charges, there is no reason to not be able to use the points that you have earned, although the points for a deposit will not get you too far...

Archived