Booking cruises

pipster37

Previously my husband and I have booked our Oceania cruise through a travel agent. Are we better off booking through Oceania. I never know if I got the best price. How do you get the best price. I also in the past have used their air and have not been happy with the flight times. Do you get $1,000.00 each person credit if you do not take their air. Thanks to everyone.

How do you get the best price? Well, it probably won't be by going direct with Oceania. Some travel agents will allow some "perks" like prepaid gratuities, on board credits, etc etc. However, you have to weigh that against how much "hand holding" you want your travel agent to do for you. Sometimes a good T/A will be extremely helpful, but sometimes they are just "order takers". As travel agent recommendations are not allowed on these boards, you can't ask for specific T/A recommendations. You might want to call a few and interview them - ask specific questions about what they will do for you, how they are "different" for other T/A's, who their competition is, their pricing policies, etc. Write down their answers and hold them accountable for them. Find someone you are comfortable with.

If you want to do "custom air", your travel agent has to be involved. If you want to do air on your own, then, yes, you will get a credit for the air - the amount depends on where you are flying to.

Hope this helps

I don't think you can book directly with O ...they farm you out to an Authorized agency.

The air credit varies on destination.

We only got $250. pp on the Panama cruise.

Not enough for a return trip to Canada:(

You can book directly with O. We have done it and now use a TA for the perks they provide.

We still are in touch with our agent in the Oceania office who just works with our TA now.

We too find the air credit never covers the actual cost but take it in order to get the best, most direct, flights and upgrades to first class.

Archived