Legend April '08 crossing

crystal808

Well, having too much time on my hands today, I got my TA to get a price on the '07 Legend crossing (waaay out of my range at this "late" date!), and then the '08.... He quoted what was the "last" 150% run-of-ship price, so I BOOKED it! :eek: Thankfully, it's a long time before final payment! ;)

Anyone around these parts already booked this one?

Paul

(not the other Paul)

Paul, that is so wonderful! I actually had booked the Caribbean cruise that was just prior to your crossing in 2008, but decided, especially with the cruise later this year, I wanted to see another part of the world. So I cancelled just recently. I have my eye on the Seychelles or Maldives for 2008, a place I've wanted to visit for a long time. Unfortunately Seabourn doesn't go there, so I'll have to settle for someone else. Can you imagine!

Look forward to seeing you later in the year. Happy for you that you have all these nice cruises to look forward to!

P.S. I'm at home on my new laptop. Listening to my new Ipod. I decided to come into the 21st Century all at once....

Jane ;)

Hi Jane:

Too bad SB isn't scheduling where you want to go...(!) "settling" is always risky, but I know the "destination" in this case will trump the ship for you!

And congrats on the laptop & iPod! See ya' in December! :D

Paul

I'm at home on my new laptop. Listening to my new Ipod. I decided to come into the 21st Century all at once....

Jane,

To get fully into the 21st Century you will also need a digital camera so you can post your travelogue and pictures of your adventures while you are onboard (or when you get home depending on the carry-on luggage regulations at the time)!

Paul (1), the ship that sails the Seychelles (say that fast five times) is French. Called "Le Ponant", even smaller than Seabourn and it is a masted ship. Whaddya think, is a year and a half enough time to learn some Francais??

Paul (2) Ahahahahahahaha.....already got the digital (actually I had it on my April cruise, I just didn't have the computer to plug into)....NOW....I'm ready 2 go!

Jane ;)

Whaddya think, is a year and a half enough time to learn some Francais??

Jane:

With "bon jour", "bon soir", and "merci" under your belt, sweetly smiling will get you far! The French, along with all Europeans, love Americans who make an attempt to speak their languages! (And I know you have the sweet smile down! :) )

Paul

Paul (1), the ship that sails the Seychelles (say that fast five times) is French. Called "Le Ponant", even smaller than Seabourn and it is a masted ship. Whaddya think, is a year and a half enough time to learn some Francais??

Paul (2) Ahahahahahahaha.....already got the digital (actually I had it on my April cruise, I just didn't have the computer to plug into)....NOW....I'm ready 2 go!

Jane ;)

I sailed on Le Ponant a few years back, and recently saw her in Corsica. A beautiful ship and a sight to behold. Don't expect the service and food quality of Seabourn though...

Host Dan

P.S. I'm at home on my new laptop. Listening to my new Ipod. I decided to come into the 21st Century all at once....

Jane ;)

blackbird must be good...... No silly remarks.....silly.gif

But I did email you some ideas on that evil cruise line that does Seychelles. :D Do I get a brownie point for that....

Note for other Seabourn Sailors, if you are interested in finding if any ships do a port, one way of checking it out is http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn/default.aspx

Most ppl use it to find what ships are in port at the same time as yours, but if you just put in a port name and the date range of a year, it will show you if any ships do that port. anim_thinking.gif

blackbird must be good...... No silly remarks.....silly.gif

Good Blackbird, Nice Blackbird. You and I are on the same page. Both our laptops and my, and probably yours if you have one, desktop computers have that "forbidden fruit from the Garden of Eden" logo on the lid and side.:cool: :)

This is my first time posting. My husband and I will be on the 08 Legend cruise (first Seabourn cruise). I'm looking for a referral. Also, what does "last" 150% run-of-ship price mean? We have book the A cabin at 50% off. I'd appreciate any advice. Ginger

<edited by Kimberly B. at the poster's request/removed email address>

Welcome Ginger & Loungeboy!

Eighteen months? Sheesh! It'll be here before we know it! That's how long ahead I booked my upcoming Dec. Pride week, so it CAN be done! :D

That doesn't mean it'll be an EASY wait, however! ;)

Glad to have you aboard!

Paul

(and a hearty Welcome to the Discussion Boards to Ginger!)

• 1 month later...
crystal808, what is the 150% run of ship price?

Welcome to the Boards, Roy....,

The 150% run-of-ship (ROS) is the single supplement that SB offers on some of its cruises. They base the rate from their lowest suite price (as a category A "guarantee" or GTY), and then, prior to your cruise, they assign your room from whatever hasn't been specifically booked by cabin.

At one time, supplements as low as 110% of the per passenger rate were offered, but those seem to be gone. A few are offered at 125%, going up to 175% now. It is unclear how many suites at this price, per cruise, are offered. You have to call, or have your travel agent call, and inquire what's available for any given cruise.

Couples can book a "guarantee" category; solo travelers are eligible for the single supplement; anything less than 200% is what you're looking for.

The farther out your booked cruise is, the better the chance that a supplement might still be available. They go fast, as SB becomes more and more popular!

Hope this helps....

Paul

There are still 110% single ROS out there. The Nov & Dec Panama Canal cruises had these fares (although they may be gone now). Seabourn constantly balances and adjusts fares based on sales (as do other cruiselines and the airlines) so it's worth checking on a regular basis.

There are still 110% single ROS out there. The Nov & Dec Panama Canal cruises had these fares (although they may be gone now). Seabourn constantly balances and adjusts fares based on sales (as do other cruiselines and the airlines) so it's worth checking on a regular basis.

The 125% minimum SROS takes effect with cruises sailing late March, early April 2007. This along with other solo sailor savings opportunities, are explained in the Seabourn 2007 / 2008 brochure (at least here in the US).

• 11 months later...

Well, it's been exactly a hear since the last post here, and I figured it was time to bring it out of the mothballs.:)

Ginger, Loungeboy, Roy-e-e-e...still planning on this? Hope we'll have a good CC showing on board!

Paul

Ginger: if you still need a referral, let me know....

• 2 months later...

Archived