Transportation from Airport to Ship in Boston

jeffyd

My wife and I are cruising on the Maasdam round trip out of Boston and wondered what the best way to get to the ship from the airport is. I'm flying in early on the morning of the cruise and wondered if it's best just to hail a taxi or are there shuttle busses or other options? I was wondering what I can expect to pay for two of us and how long it will take to get there. I've never been to Boston before. Thanks.

i'd be interested in this answer as well. i have a cruise out of boston in september.

from the maps i've seen it appears that the black falcon cruise ship terminal is approx 3 miles from logan international airport. basically you cross a bridge and there you are.

the recommendation i've gotten from others is to take a taxi. but i don't have a quote on a price.

Taxis from Logan Airport to anywhere are costly. Just for stepping into the taxi, there is something like a $5 charge which is a use charge or some such. But, still it is what I would recommend for travel between Logan and Black Falcon. Depending upon time of day (and seeing as it is not a business day - Saturday) it should take about 10 minutes and cost about $15 including tip.

Taxis from Logan Airport to anywhere are costly. Just for stepping into the taxi, there is something like a $5 charge which is a use charge or some such. But, still it is what I would recommend for travel between Logan and Black Falcon. Depending upon time of day (and seeing as it is not a business day - Saturday) it should take about 10 minutes and cost about $15 including tip.

I second this. Logan is very close to the ship terminal and it shouldn't be too expensive.

Plus ship transfers cost even more. In Ft Lauderdale for example ship transfer costs $11 PP for the same 10 minutes.

We just got back last Saturday. HAL charged $28.00 each way per person for transfers. We waited half an hour at the airport. Then when we finally got on the bus the driver said he had to make a quick stop at the Hyatt. We waited forty five minutes for the 8 passengers who were at the hotel. The HAL representative kept complaining that the driver wasn't parked close enough so he had to keep moving the bus. Our flight got in at 11:00 and we got to the boat at 1:00.

We spoke to another family that took the same flights as us and they paid $20. each way for a cab. That's what we would do if (when) we do this cruise again.

Rose

We have found, in general, that taking a taxi costs less and is MUCH more pleasurable and cost effective than taking ship's transfers, unless you have a long way to go.

The airport is a longish tunnel ride away from the terminal - will take 10 or 15 minutes. What time of day does your flight arrive? Boston can get a bit jammed up at rush hour, but a taxi shouldn't cost more than $30.00 for the ride including tip.

Have a great time. I hope you have planned some sight-seeing time for after the cruise. Boston is a great walking city. If you are taking a few days, try to not miss the USS Constitution in Charlestown. It is fascinating.

Roberta

I am flying into Boston one week from today! As a matter of fact, as I look at the clock, I should be landing just about now!!! :) Yeah!!!

1st question .... I have reservations at the Hyatt Regency Financial District for my pre-cruise stay. Can someone tell me what I should expect to pay in cab fare from the airport to the hotel?

2nd question .... what should the cab fare be the next morning, taking me from the Hyatt to Black Falcon Cruiseship Terminal?

I have cruised with HAL numerous times, but this is my first on the Maasdam and my first Canada/New England itinerary. To top that off, I get to see some great friends that I haven't seen in a long time. :)

Do you think I'm excited??????? :p

LoveLifeatSea - I stayed at the Hyatt Regency pre-cruise a few weeks ago.

You will love their heavenly beds :). If my memory serves me right, plan on about $25 including tip at most. To go through the tunnel is $6.50 and that drives the cost up.

The following day to go to the pier I think the fare was about $8, but I gave him a pretty good tip because I realized it was a low fare for him, and he was really nice.

You'll love Boston, and the Maasdam, I did!

Marie

Thanks Marie!

That's exactly what I needed to know!

BTW, I am traveling solo as I believe you did. Did you find anything of interest to do or any fabulous restaurants within walking distance of the Hyatt? Or, even if a taxi is required, anything that I might want to consider?

Again, thanks for any feedback you can offer.

This is a wonderful itinerary for a solo cruise. I will be anxious to read your review upon your return.

I got in fairly early, around 2:30 or so and immediately dropped my luggage off in my room, and FORGOT TO PUT MY WALKING SHOES on, so don't do that, LOL, and started walking. I went as far as the Prudential building. I was hoping to book a duck tour for that day, but it didn't work out. On the way back I ate at this lovely outdoor cafe right in the middle of downtown, so I could experience it all.

While on board, consider attending some of the Singles Meet N Mingles. We didn't have that big of a turnout, but I did attend one lunch in the dining room(put on by HAL) and it was fun to see the others throughout the week and visit with them, join them for a meal, etc. Oh, I just remembered you said you were meeting up with friends....still may be fun to do.

Don't hesitate to ask me any questions.

Marie

Archived