Port Canaveral Shuttle

Ptchang

Hi...just wondering how you can book the Carnival shuttle from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral in advance? Or can I just book when I arrive in Orlando? I am going on the Glory Eastern Carribean on Nov. 25. Thanks!

Go to the Orlando airport website and catch the link for ground transportation. It will lead you to a site for the shuttle or limo service. I'm a TA and a client of mine said it was only about $35 to rent a car at the airport and drop it off at the port. If you have a few people this will probably work out better for you as the transfers are rather expensive.

It depends on how many persons are in your group. If it's just 2, then the Carnival transfer is the cheapest that I found ($25pp each way, total $100 round trip for both).

If there are 4 of you, then one of the private cars might be an alternative...it seems to be around $180 round trip (for up to 4 pax) not including 20% tip. That is a few dollars more expensive than Carnival's transfer, but you don't have to wait for the bus to fill up.

You book the Carnival shuttle directly through them. I dont know if the option is on their website, I would just call the 800 number and get it set up.

Whatever you do, do NOT wait until you get to the airport to book your transportation to the port. I can't imagine leaving such an important step up to chance! :)

It's only DH and myself going so we decided to go w/ the shuttle. I called Carnival just yesterday and booked it over the phone. Have your flight info ready b/c they do ask for that. She said that the shuttle gets there around 10:30am and will leave probably around 11am and they meet you at baggage claim. They will be waiting first thing when you debark also.

Got back from the Fantasy Thursday and the shuttle was just fine. Met us upon arrival at the baggage claim holding a paper that says Carnival. Tells you which direction to go and ya see another Carnival repasentative down the way and they tell ya again which way to keep going. Saw several of the folks and they led us right to the area to give the ticket and nice area to sit to wait for boarding. They spoil ya getting there, but when ya head home they drop ya off same area and your on your own. Just watch the signs in the airport closely and you won't have a problem.

Have a WONDERFUL TIME!!

Kat

Kat, what time did you make it back to the airport? We have a 1:25pm flight home, and I'm pretty sure there's enough time to make it, but with all the new security issues I'm a bit worried.:confused:

I used the Carnival shuttle once when I cruised on the Glory and once when I cruised on the Fantasy. Each time I purchased my transfer when I arrived at the airport. Since my flight wasn't through Carnival I didn't realize I could book the transfer in advance. I was on the first shuttle to leave when I cruised the Fantasy. The shuttle left the airport around 10:00 and arrived at the ship a little before 11:00. When I cruised the Glory the first shuttle left around 9:30 (we just missed it). We got on the 2nd one which left around 10:00. Returning to the airport was timely as well. Each time the shuttle made it back to the airport before 11:00 (didn't to self assist getting off the ship so I didn't leave the ship really early). Unless there are more than 2 people in my traveling party, I would probably use the shuttle for future cruises as well. I cruised solo on the Fantasy and with my DD on the Glory.

Archived