Quest & Liar's Club???? on Mariner????

• 1 year later...

I hate to bring back such an old thread but yes, they still do both.

Liars Club was the funniest thing all week IMO. They didn't do it the first week I went, but they did the second week. If you want a good laugh on the final night of your cruise do not miss this. 11:15 in the Lotus Lounge.

Liars Club?? Whats that??:confused:

I had never heard of it before either. I just did a search on it, and I guess it has been around for a few years, I guess just not on any of my cruises. The way Drew worked it on the Mariner was more of a form of entertainment rather than a game. There were 4 people from the cruise director's staff (Justin, Katie, Simeon and Mark. If you've sailed the Mariner recently you know exactly who these people are) and they were given a funny word and they had to give their definition of the word. For example, one of the words was tittup. You had to guess which word was right by cheering. Kind of like the game boulderdash if you know what that is.

But it was absolutely hilarious.

I bet Simeon and Mark were great at that! I don't remember seeing this on our cruise on June 15th, looks like it would have been fun, will have to check out my compasses to see if they did it our week.

It was the last night.

They didn't do it on my June 8th cruise, but did it on the June 22nd cruise. I'm not sure why this is.

And Simeon was the best out of all of them. This was also Mark's last cruise on the Mariner, because he was getting transferred to the Sovereign.

They did have it the last night at 11pm in the Lotus Lounge, I just checked my compasses.

Poor Mark was half blind the week we were on, he had lost one of his contacts on day one and had no spares. He had a hard time doing trivia at times but he made it interesting.:)

I was on the cruise the week of June 15 and they did the Liars Club on the last night. I went and it was very funny. The rest of the family had gone back to pack/sleep so they don't know what they missed.

This was also Mark's last cruise on the Mariner, because he was getting transferred to the Sovereign.

We enjoyed Mark on Voyager back in January. When we were on Mariner in May, it was Mark's first week there. Justin and Simeon were constantly giving Mark a hard time. Did it seem that way to you? I wonder if Mark just reached his limit and asked to be transferred. Anyhow, now you say he's going to Sovereign, which is funny because we're on a Sovereign cruise next month. It will be good to see Mark again. My daughter loved his Harry Potter trivia.

We enjoyed Mark on Voyager back in January. When we were on Mariner in May, it was Mark's first week there. Justin and Simeon were constantly giving Mark a hard time. Did it seem that way to you? I wonder if Mark just reached his limit and asked to be transferred. Anyhow, now you say he's going to Sovereign, which is funny because we're on a Sovereign cruise next month. It will be good to see Mark again. My daughter loved his Harry Potter trivia.

His Harry Potter trivia was sooooooo hard! I was happy to see it was actually a group of kids that won that trivia the week we sailed.

they did a liars game on our sapphire princess cruise to NZ but it was different.

They had the staff tell a story about jobs they had done before and similar stuff but only one was telling the truth. The stories were long and drawn out and everyone believable. They they got the crowd to ask questions to see who was telling the truth.

One guy from the gym said he had worked briefly for the aussie stripper show. I asked if he could show us some moves which he did which "pleased" the crowd no end. so much fun but we did have great fun staff which helped.

No, not really. He was the host of Liar's Club and they did seem to play around with him a little bit, but it was all in fun. He was so disappointed to be leaving though. He said he had no choice. He also said that he was excited because the Sovereign was his first ship many years ago. He truly was a good guy and seemed to really enjoy his job.

No, not really. He was the host of Liar's Club and they did seem to play around with him a little bit, but it was all in fun. He was so disappointed to be leaving though. He said he had no choice. He also said that he was excited because the Sovereign was his first ship many years ago. He truly was a good guy and seemed to really enjoy his job.

I agree, we really enjoyed Mark. We also had Katie, Simeon, and Justin on our May cruise, and they were a great bunch. Simeon is an incredibly talented guy.

I agree, we really enjoyed Mark. We also had Katie, Simeon, and Justin on our May cruise, and they were a great bunch. Simeon is an incredibly talented guy.

He really is. He was a great piano player, and actually very funny.

Just curious, what did you think of Justin?

I agree with you about Mark as he was my favorite and seemed genuine. I hope he enjoys the Sovereign. We were on it for Christmas in 2006

He really is. He was a great piano player, and actually very funny.

Just curious, what did you think of Justin?

We also enjoyed Justin. Someone said that he was very close to being a cruise director, maybe in a month or two. I've only been on 4 cruises, but the talent on the Mariner entertainment staff (Katie, Justin, Simeon, and Mark) was remarkable.

Archived