Former Sovereign passengers....I need some strong selling points!

I am trying to convince DH to book a cruise on Soverign for the 9/25 sailing. The deals are UNBELIEVABLE, and we would be getting a JS so that we might get the 2 cruise credits. I've told him that this is a great deal that doesn't come around a lot, we would have a balcony for the first time, that the ship has been updated recently, and that the sailing isn't even close to full, which would make be a neat experience (not to say it won't fill up...we have a room on a courtesy hold). Despite all this, he's still on the fence. So for any of you past Sovereign passengers, could you please help me to help sell him on this cruise? Thanks so much!!!! Oh, the courtesy hold expires on Monday, so I need to do some fast convincing!

Just back, beautiful ship, fantastic food and service, by the time you cruise the entire ship will have brand new bedding and the cruise director was wonderfull. If that is not enough, Rosario Strings and the dueling pianos in Boleros are reason enough to cruise on the Sovereign!

Oh yeah, Nassau can be a very nice CHEAP beach day for you...take the #10 bus from the Straw Market and for $1 each way you can be on a beautiful beach at any one of the resort hotels on Cable Beach for free. If beaches are not your thing, you can take a history stroll in Nassau, or water taxi to Atlantis.

Cocoa Cay is very pretty and you will have the opportunity of walking around an entire island in the Bahamas! How many people can claim that?

Just back, beautiful ship, fantastic food and service, by the time you cruise the entire ship will have brand new bedding and the cruise director was wonderfull. If that is not enough, Rosario Strings and the dueling pianos in Boleros are reason enough to cruise on the Sovereign!

Oh yeah, Nassau can be a very nice CHEAP beach day for you...take the #10 bus from the Straw Market and for $1 each way you can be on a beautiful beach at any one of the resort hotels on Cable Beach for free. If beaches are not your thing, you can take a history stroll in Nassau, or water taxi to Atlantis.

Cocoa Cay is very pretty and you will have the opportunity of walking around an entire island in the Bahamas! How many people can claim that?

Sounds great so far! Thank you so much!

Keep 'em coming! He's a hard sell.

What's he looking for? They have a rock climbing wall, great gym, track, show movies in the conference room...

A free cruise, maybe? He's cheap, so he would want to know he's getting his money's worth. LOL I know he's going to read this over my shoulder when I get home! :p

Erin: We sailed the Sovereign 4 nt in May and booked while on board for April 30, 07...Food, Service, Entertainment was all wonderful...We went casual and ate all our meals in the Windjammer except for one breakfast. Did the Dig at Atlantis then walked the Atlantis grounds. Went to the straw market and relaxed on CocoCay...The barbeque at CocoCay is very good... and the beach is excellent. The prices are insane for 9/25! Any other questions ask away...Later, Jill:cool:

I have been on 2 trips with the SOS family one before the refit and one after, I would tell him to go for the relaxation and rest. Also as a man I would also tell him to try the spa. I know many men will tell me I am nuts but the treatments really helped me to relax and enjoy the rest of the trip. Also you can't go wrong with the tour of nassau it was great.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you everyone! :D I go home in 3 hours, and I'm gonna have to bring out the salesperson in myself. LOL One would think a person who loved cruising would jump on this deal! Ugh. Please feel free to contribute your thoughts as I will continue to read them.

I have cruised on the Sovereign 4-5 times. The crew on this ship is very outgoing and friendly. The ship still looks great from it's refit. Both the dinning room and the Windjammer have great food. I love this ship and will go on it many times in the future. I would be going on the 25th at the price if I wasn't going on the Mariner on the 24th. :D

I have cruised on the Sovereign 4-5 times. The crew on this ship is very outgoing and friendly. The ship still looks great from it's refit. Both the dinning room and the Windjammer have great food. I love this ship and will go on it many times in the future. I would be going on the 25th at the price if I wasn't going on the Mariner on the 24th. :D

LOL My eyes about popped out of my head when I saw the prices. Plus we can get some good rates on airfare. I just don't want to pass it up. He better say that we're going if he knows what's good for him! :D

Your hubby has the oppotunity to have a wonderful and very romantic get-away vacation. The balcony suite sould be very inticing for more than one reason, especially if you both are a little adventurous(look for and show him some of the posts about balcony cabins). It is either a 3 or 4 night trip, short but with time to unwind and enjoy the company of his wonderful wife. What more could a man want. Nassau is nice and Coco Cay is a very fun-filled day in the sun.Good luck, he will enjoy himself!!!! You,Too!!!!!

I was on Sovereign with Medic123 and Jillybabes...tell DH he gets to be one of the first to use the new bedding. Tell him HE gets to break it in with you and when you're tired of that there's the balcony! On top of all that, there's 2cruise credits for having a JS (which are perfect for 2, lots of room). AND you're not cooking or cleaning so you won't be too tired to break in the new bedding. If that don't work, tell him you'll go alone, with prices that outrageous, you can afford to sail solo.

I was on Sovereign with Medic123 and Jillybabes...tell DH he gets to be one of the first to use the new bedding. Tell him HE gets to break it in with you and when you're tired of that there's the balcony!

(Snicker) Erin, get him to read the thread on "arguably inappropriate question", with all the stuff about the balconies:D:D

Fran in Toronto

LMAO! You all are too funny! I will let him know about the breaking in the bedding and the balcony. Last night I made him turn around so he couldn't see what I was reading, and I read him the stuff in the thread. He was amused. I'm hopin' I'm swayin' him my way. :D

If he's interested in rock climbing at all, this is a great ship. The wall has 3 different faces that can be rigged for climbing; routes range in difficulty from 5.5 (beginner) to about 5.9 (intermediate). The toughest route is the dark green (just right of center) on the aft-facing face of the wall (if that makes sense). Next is the blue route just to the left of the dark green. Both routes were on the wall on 1/05 & 1/06, other routes change from time to time, especially on the forward facing face.

Everything else that has been said is spot on; I love the Sovereign and would book it again. Port Canaveral is super easy to board at...they have their act together there, especially if you do online guest info. We were through the line in about 2 minutes this past January...

We live in NC and so the drive to Canaveral isn't bad.. Sovereign is a great ship for a short cruise.. .much much nicer than Carnival. Food is always up to par on what you find on their longer cruises, the ship is lovely and a day at Coco Cay is a plus. It's my favorite of Royal Caribbean's two "private islands".. for that price? You couldn't stay in a budget hotel and eat at fast food hardly for 5 days!!! It's insane...

I have seen the awesome Sovereign prices for Sept/Oct as well...and tell u one thing if we lived closer I'd book 'em up in a heartbeat! We just got off a few weeks ago and it's a nice ship for a short cruise...so go w/out DH if he won't give in...LOL :)

I was on Sovereign with Medic123 and Jillybabes...tell DH he gets to be one of the first to use the new bedding. Tell him HE gets to break it in with you and when you're tired of that there's the balcony! On top of all that, there's 2cruise credits for having a JS (which are perfect for 2, lots of room). AND you're not cooking or cleaning so you won't be too tired to break in the new bedding. If that don't work, tell him you'll go alone, with prices that outrageous, you can afford to sail solo.

Looks like we might be venturing up your way instead. Going on the tour de Michigan as orginally planned. I love Michigan, but I was kinda hoping to do this cruise too. Ugh.

Thank you so much for your help, everyone. After all this, I still don't have him convinced. We have to know by tomorrow, and he's still leaning against going. :( I really do appreciate all of your thoughts and suggestions!

Archived