Pre-order liquor for stateroom/liquor delivery service (MERGED)

We will also be on the Mariner in Sept. I am looking to get a basket for my hubby as it is his birthday. He is also a beer man. Could you give me an idea of what she charges. I don't want to call her and waste her time if she is out of my league. Thanks!

Believe me she doesnt mind. DH and I think her prices are very resonable otherwise we wouldnt be using her. We used her last April and to be honest I dont remember the prices I paid. Give her a call.

If you could post her price list and email addy, I too would like this info.

I'm on PST, and I'm assuming she is on EST. I just tried to call, but when someone answered, no one talked, and it just sounded like a house full of kids or something.

I'd love to have the info, but if not, I'll try and call back tomorrow during business hours.

Thanks and HUGz! Jules

I called Shelly (Just Because of You) today - she said the Mariner absolutely won't allow her to bring alcohol on board :eek: She said some ships in Port Canaveral would, but the Mariner, absolutely not.

Whaaaaa indeed! :(

I was gonna call and have her deliver water, lemon water and beer to surprise Mom. :cool:

No beer .... Huge Bummer!

HUGz! Jules

I don't know about Shelly, but the company that I go through does not have a limit. You can order as much as you want. We ordered 3 large 1.75 litre bottles for our room, and it was a $7 delivery charge, but if you order more and they can not package it all in 1 box, it is $7 per box being delivered. I was also told by them that they are allowed to deliver the liquor to your room as they pay a fee to the cruise line to provide this service. So the bottles you are getting may be more expensive than the store, and RCI is still making money off of you.

When I called Shelley today she said that if you're sailing out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale than you are able to have gift baskets with vodka, rum, wine etc delivered to your cabin with no problems. She said no problems out of Florida ports with Explorer, Freedom, Jewel, Radiance, Voyager, and a few others but I can't remember which ones but that alcohol was a no go for the Mariner. She said that if you contact her with the brand, and bottle size of spirit or choice of wine you would like then she will get back to you with prices. She added that usually the ships only allow 2 bottles per basket but it can vary depending on sizes ordered and the particular ship. For beer drinkers the limit is usually 2 cases. The ship charges $5 per basket (this one $5 fee covers multiple items in basket) to deliver it to the cabin and that is in addition to her fees for the basket and delivery. This sounds like a good deal but I'm going to email her my requests and then see what the final tally is and then decide.

A corkage fee has been charged on a bottle of wine that you carry into the dining room.

The previous posters were talking about liquor in the cabin.

We just came back from the Aug 19 Radiance of the Seas cruise to Alaska. We had 2 bottles of champagne (one chilled) and wine waiting for us in our cabin. Assume it came through RCI. One night took the chilled bottle of champagne to the dining room, another night took the bottle of wine and a third night took the 2nd bottle of champagne and exchanged it in the dining room for a bottle of Chardonnay. No corkage charges for us........and I didn't expect any as the bottles were "gifts". It used to be if you took a bottle of wine/champagne that isn't on their wine list you have to pay a corkage fee.........that was when you could carry on 2 bottles.

We like a little wine before dinner in our cabin and find the upscale small "box wines" like Black Box are easy to transport in your checked luggage. There are many varieties and vintners and we have found the wine to be very good. For more info check out this link.........you may be surprised at what you find.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/food/210264_wine02.html

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

This is a fantastic article on a subject I have been wanting to explore.

Ah Carol. Always looking for some good wine aren't you?

Galveston? Did I see Galveston? Oh, my Wine in Cabin dilemma may finally be resolved! Does anyone know if she has Columbia Crest Chardonnay?

I think this is your answer......IF YOU DON’T SEE WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR…. CALL US & WE’LL DO IT

“JUST FOR YOU!”

Very good prices and worth it to pay extra and not have the headache of packing all the heavy stuff (beer and soda) in suitcases.

I will use her services for sure!

Thanks!

Just a suggestion for all that are interested in using Shelley... I would think about saving this information somewhere else before it vanishes. I'm wondering if CC would consider this advertising a no-no.

Although I surely appreciate it being posted!!

I called Shelly (great gal!) to ask about deliveries to Soveriegn of the Sea. She said that Port of Canaveral extremely limited what she could deliver. Other ports can have a case of beer but Soveriegn could only have a 6-pack. And no liquior. Doesn't that just bite!!!!! She said it was the port authority and not the cruise line that established those rules. Bummer! :(

Archived