Result of Food Poll

Tom O.

I recently did a poll here on CC. My purpose was to determine whether people had a different impression of their food depending on whether they had Anytime or Traditional dining, even though the food is actually the same.

I had a pet theory that people who ate in the Traditional, set time, Dining room enjoyed their food more than people who ate in one of the Anytime Dining rooms.

My pet theory was blown out of the water, as the results were nearly the same in both polls.

Here are the results: The choices were Excellent (Grade A), Good (Grade B), Average (Grade C), Poor (Grade D), and Terrible (Grade F). Treating the results as if they were a report card, Anytime Diners gave Princess a grade average of 3.28 (B+). Traditional Diners gave Princess a 3.34 (also a B+). The difference is so little that it is insignificant.

The good news is that most of us really like Princess food, because more than half of all people who voted gave Princess an A (Excellent). Of course this poll was taken among regular Princess customers, so it is a little biased.

Thanks to everyone who participated.

You bet this poll was for Princess cruisers - who cares about the other lines;) . I am surprised by the results also even though I prefer PC dining.

On the Coral Princess May/06 we had an excellent table and waitstaff and kept it for the remainder of the 10 day cruise. In all honesty, it was some of the best food and service that I have ever had on Princess which goes back 16+ years.

Archived