Sleep Inn in Ft. Lauderdale?

cruzfiend

We stayed at the Sleep Inn in Dania last January and have reservations for this January 2007 for a one night precruise stay. We found the hotel to be clean and convenient. The airport/cruise shuttle worked well. Remember to sign up for the cruise shuttle as soon as you arrive. There is a shopping center across the street with restaurants and a nearby grocery store for last minute purchases.

I have stayed at the Sleep Inn Ft. Lauderdale twice pre-cruise. I was just there in May with about 14 people in our group. Everyone was very happy with their stay. They have a free shuttle to and from the airport and cruisport. They have breakfast available (not continental breakfast, a real breakfast). The rooms were nice and clean. I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know.

I just booked at the SLEEP INN, thanks for these reveiws. I am so excited, I was rather worried about drivng down the same day as the cruise but thanks to this thread I booked at the SLEEP INN and got free parking and shuttle to the cruise port for cheaper than paying for parrking for the cruise. A MILLION THANKS, to all of you great crusers.

• 1 month later...

Hello. We just returned from our cruise and stayed at the Sleep Inn in Dania, FL for a 2nd time. This hotel is PERFECT for a one night pre/post cruise stay. We booked the significant organization rate ($71.99) and they didn't ask any questions at check in. We did have to wait a while (about 45 mins)for a shuttle from the airport, but the driver said he came by once and I guess we didn't see him. But our flight arrived at 5pm too so the traffic was bad. I mentioned that they should have more than 1 shuttle and they said during busy times they do.

But other than that, everything was perfect. The shopping across the street is perfect. It's been built within the last 2 years because when we were there in Oct 2004, it wasn't there. We did eat at the Italian restaurant and it was really good. The dollar tree next to the restaurant is perfect and so is the Publix grocery.

We bought beer and water bottles there at the Publix. Put the beer in our checked bags and got on without any problems.

I bet we made 4 trips to the Walgreens just a rocks throw away. Perfect for those last minute things you forgot to bring.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll be glad to answer anything I can. I'll be writing a review on tripadvisor.com within the next few days too. Maybe even have some pics on there.

Enjoy your stay and your cruise!

Thankyou for the great post. We are sailing in Feb 07 Princess- Port everglades. Flying in and want to spend a few days pre and post. We have never been to Ft. Lauderdale and therefore have no idea of its layout. Our 18 D.D. will be with us. Could you tell me a little more about the shoppping around the Sleep inn? How far from the airport and pier? Do you have to book the shuttle for the port and airport? Thank you in advance.

Peace, Anna:)

what about the pool area, is it nice, my son and his family will be coming in on January 1st for precruise and they have a 4 year old, and he may enjoy the pool, thanks

I really didn't pay that much attention to it, but it is just the basic pool, rectangular in shape. Not sure about the depth of the water but I would assume it has a shallow end. There were people out there swimming. Also the smokers out there sitting at the tables provided. I think those had umbrella's on them too.

Not sure about the temps there in Jan, but I would imagine it would be hot enough to swim there year round.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Based on all your comments - I just cancelled my Comfort Suites Airport/Cruiseport reservation and booked the Sleep Inn.

My "internet user" rate was $143. It was actually cheaper than the military or 50+ rate. The comfort Inn room was not a suite and this less expensive room will sleep 6.

I also read up on Trip Advisor so I'm pretty confident I made the right choice.

We will be giving the Sleep Inn a try in Feb. Sounds like the reviews are pretty good and they are part of the Choice hotel group. We have booked AmeriSuites for our Dec pre and post cruise and are still having a problem getting a recent review. We stayed there last Feb and it was clean and in a great location with free shuttles from the airport and to the port. WE found the shuttle to the port a bit unorganized and opted to grab a taxi with another couple rather than stand in the line and wait. Only $10 total with tip.

Archived