Soveriegn Of The Seas- Just Back 9/1 - Review

To hithere and all- We were on the Sovereign in April and also had Suad for a waiter. He was fantastic. The meals were very good and our table of 6 was fun. We had an all around very good expereince on the Sovereign and hope others do also-in the future. It is interesting to read different reviews.

Our group had rooms on Deck 9 and Deck 4. We had no problems at all and the air conditioning was good, but it was April and not too hot out. I wonder if the mold problems are on certain decks????

The pool area was really crowded on the sea day, but oddly enough, we never had trouble finding a deck chair. There are lots of chairs, very close together.

When you go on the Sovereign, be sure to check out the Viking Crown Lounge. Have fun.

Well I just had to be lucky one on the ship to get the bad service, moldy showers and lazy room attendant. It would of been alot better had I not had to sweat in cabin and if the beds werent like bricks. I dont even care if service is great, I can tend to myself ..just I hate coming in from the hot..to almost as hot....

We are keeping our reservation for the Majesty in November, hoping things will be much better. I guess we were just in a *off* room. The carpet was very faded in it. Not that carpet matters to us a bit. it was just our first cruise and it was nothing like all the reviews had reported...at least not for us!

Sasy - did the fishie pics my DH took come out. I sure hope so!

We used self disembarking for the first time. I set the alarm for six a.m. so we could watch the sun come up. Went to the upper deck for viewing, then back to the room to pack. We walked off the ship as soon as we were done and by 8:30 we were seated at Grills and ordering a seafood omlette to split. It was wonderful as usual and kept us full so we were able to drive home without stopping to eat. Made it from the Port to our front door 50 miles north of Atlanta in just eight hours!

gail

Gail - where is Grills? I've sailed from Canaveral many times but haven't ever noticed a place called Grills. Sounds like a place I need to stop before my drive home though. I've got a sudden taste for a seafood omlette!

Also, if you do self-assist on RCI, can you leave the ship at any time or do you have to leave the ship immediately upon the ship being cleared? The other lines I've done self-assist on, we've had to leave first or wait for our deck to be called.

Thanks

The Captain was personable and seen throughout the ship, he kept all informed..................He is now off the take over the Radiance.

Mcaron - am I correct in assuming you mean Capt Richard Brearley just left Sovereign (he was due for his break) to work Radiance with Capt Rune? Capt Rune just returned to Radiance so when he's ready for his break Capt Brearley will relieve him.

I sailed Sovereign in June and the ship was in fantastic shape. If you sailed it before the overhaul you would really have something to complain about. I think I read where you were thinking of Majesty, I just got off her Monday and by the tone of your post I recommend you choose another ship. To be honest, the 3 and 4 day cruises are just quick getaways, anyone looking for superior service or an award winning ship (Except Disney line) are just going to get their feelings hurt.

P.S. There is no need to take food off the ship to Coco Cay, They have enough cheese, fruit, meat, drinks, cookies, whatever, to feed even the largest appetite.

Glad to read some better reviews of the Sovereign. We are on the 9/25 sailing and I was getting worried about sailing on such an older ship. We were on the Monarch right before her big overhaul and we were disappointed in the ship's condition.

I was on the Sovereign at the end of June and the only complaint that I had was the A/C on deck ten was not working that well but other than that the ship was in great shape. I saw very little wear and tear. The ship was very clean as was my cabin.

Mcaron - am I correct in assuming you mean Capt Richard Brearley just left Sovereign (he was due for his break) to work Radiance with Capt Rune? Capt Rune just returned to Radiance so when he's ready for his break Capt Brearley will relieve him.

I was told that Capt. Brearley was going on Vacation and then Moving on to Sail the Radiance.

Sasysutler –

The reason you did get the invitation to the welcome back party - is - there is NOT one for the 3 and 4 day cruise. There is a Crown and Anchor Platinum and Diamond cocktail party on last evening ( for the 3 day ) for the platinum and diamond members.

(your quote - .... the other couple told us about the welcome back party on Thursday. We never got the card inviting us, and this was out 4th cruise with C&A....)

As it appears you are a gold member - you would not be included in the platinum and diamond member event.

Marci

Archived