BOB excursion St. Thomas

Pootersmom

Well, here I am again. Asking more questions about the St. Thomas BOB excursion. My TA has been trying to book this excursion through RCCL for awhile now, and while it does show up on their website, when she tries to book it, it says it is not available. She called RCCL and they basically said the same thing "not available". They could not tell her if it was because it was completely booked, or some other reason. We are going on the Nov 12 Mariner Eastern Itinerary. Has anybody else booked it on this sailing or around this sailing?

I believe the BOB has limited availability. My coworker came back from her cruise in July and she told me that there were only 12 people on her excursion. I am not sure if they have multiple excursions per day but I do know that this one is very limited. Also, be aware that the cruiseline only allow a certain % of the excursion slots to be booked online. If you no longer see it or it states that it is unavailable then that number may have been reached. The good news is that there still may be slots available once you board. If this is a "must" excursion for you, then take my advice and try to book (either at the Explorations desk or on your stateroom TV) as soon as you board the ship.

I believe the BOB has limited availability. My coworker came back from her cruise in July and she told me that there were only 12 people on her excursion. I am not sure if they have multiple excursions per day but I do know that this one is very limited. Also, be aware that the cruiseline only allow a certain % of the excursion slots to be booked online. If you no longer see it or it states that it is unavailable then that number may have been reached. The good news is that there still may be slots available once you board. If this is a "must" excursion for you, then take my advice and try to book (either at the Explorations desk or on your stateroom TV) as soon as you board the ship.

Thanks,...I posted a message on their guestbook. It looks like the only way to contact them via internet. I may need to call directly.

I suspect there is something going on with them. We bought T-shirts from the doubloon website that is affilated with them somehow. When they didn't come, I emailed them and all he would say is, "Things are in termoil over there at Bob" By the way, I added a message to their guest book back in May, it was very complimentary and it still hasn't appeared. As much as I enjoyed it, I think they are trouble as a business.

By the way, I added a message to their guest book back in May, it was very complimentary and it still hasn't appeared.

I checked back just now and my message is there from May. It took several months, but they are finally updating it. Maybe things are still going.

Hi everyone. I just got back from my trip on Explorer. My family and I (5 of us) were trying to book the BOB excursion online prior to the cruise but were unable to. Once onboard, we found out that they did not open the online booking for this excursion until 10 days prior to sailing. We had already purchased a different excursion in St. Thomas but were able to be put on a waiting list for the BOB throught the Explorations Desk. That evening when we got back to our cabin there were BOB tickets on our bed. We immediately took the other excursion tickets to the Explorations Desk for a refund. We also had a friend onboard who experience the same thing. When we got into St. Thomas, we found that there were 43 people signed up for the BOB. They took us down in 4 groups of between 10 and 12 people per group. There was plenty of room for more people. As for the T-shirts, they did not have any on the BOB boat and they stated that they were having problems with the company that does the shirts for them.

During our excursion there was only one minor mechanical problem with one of the BOBs. The propellor stopped working on my oldest sons BOB. They pushed him through the rest of the underwater excursion then ended up switching him to another BOB and let him go again with the next group. Other than this situation we did not experience any problems. This was an absolutely "AWESOME" excursion. We had a wonderful time.

Keep check the web sight daily. If you can't book then do so as soon as you board. This is a very limited ex. One of my group booked as soon as he was on board and got it. Two hours later his wife tried and could not get it. She got put of the waiting list but was number 12 and did not go. We were on board by 12:00 noon.

While I didn't do the BOB this time (We were in St Thomas Aug 26) I did notice that their boat has actually moved closer to the ship on the pier and I know people went on the excursion (unless it was cancelled at the last minute due to weather conditions).

I've done it twice before and it is great. I believe they can take 18 on each trip (one in the AM and one in the PM). The poeple are placed in groups of 6 and assigned a color wristband indicating their position (1, 2 or3). While 6 people use the BOB for 20 - 25 minutes, the others can snorkle.

My guess is that if you are having trouble booking any excursion for sailing dates afetr Oct 1 it's because they are updating the excursion list (happened to us last November). Recommend you keep trying and once the new rates and contract are in place it will allow you to reserve.

We did this excursion back in April of 05. I got a bit sea sick, not from the boat but from the up and down motion of the little BOB mobile, since its attached to a little blow up bouy/float thing at the top of the water. The bouy kept going up and down with the waves and so did i. :eek: I would do it again but take bonine before thats for sure!

Hope you get to do it! ENJOY!

Archived