Alarm clocks on navigator

sanken

PC, I can't explain the technical reason, but it's because the voltage isn't the same as at home. Or wattage. Or something -age. :D

Ooh ooh, pick me Merion_Mom, I know this one! It's that the frequency of the Alternating Current varies more than at home. Most clocks that plug in the wall use the frequency of the AC as a measurement tool. If you buy a clock that uses a wall wart, it's okay, they convert the AC to DC before it ever goes to the clock, so it doesn't care. We bought one from Radio Shack that not only keeps the time, but projects it on the ceiling for us. It's a great night light, too. Just enough light that you can see to get to the head if you need to at night, without turning a light on, and not enough light that it keeps the room bright.

You're on vacation! Why do you need a clock???? There is a digital readout on the phone--no alarm, but you can get a wake-up call. For our last morning, we just set our cell-phone alarm. (This means I don't have to lug a clock with me!)

You're on vacation! Why do you need a clock???? There is a digital readout on the phone--no alarm, but you can get a wake-up call. For our last morning, we just set our cell-phone alarm. (This means I don't have to lug a clock with me!)

LOL, my wife and I frequently get up for the early morning walk-a-mile stuff and other activities like that and don't like to be awakened by the phone ringing. Just the difference in people.

Yep, no clocks (except for the phone). If you do decide to take one, it has to be battery operated because if you plug one in it won't keep the correct time. No sure why, but it doesn't :D

###

I have brought an alarm clock on every ship I have been on since 1994. I plug it in and it gives me the correct time for entire cruise...except on the Alaskian cruise, where the time changed so much, I couldn't seem to keep up.

Believe it or not I like to know the time...sometimes I wake up at around 4:30 and decide to go for a swim....then by the time I get back, I can call for coffee and some rolls...by the time I get dressed breakfast has arrived...I'm an early riser...but I like to know the time...I have a big alarm clock that lights up at night...it's also a good night light.

Archived