Credit card upgrade question

KJHorton

I might use the 25,000 points to upgrade from outside to balcony. When I called to inquire about this, I was told I couldn't also receive the C&A $200 Diamond balcony discount because I wasn't actually booking a balcony.

I did this once before and I thought i got both the balcony discount and the $500 off for the upgrade. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, on an unrelated matter, I just changed the date of this cruise. It was originally booked within that early booking period and I got the $99 credit. Now they don't want to get it. I thought others had still received the credit when changing their dates.

Thanks

because I wasn't actually booking a balcony.
Actually, you are. We've done it twice, and didn't really upgrade as such. In reality, you book the balcony, and $500 is deducted from the price. The C&A discount was also given, both times. But, we didn't need to worry about it. Our TA took care of it all.:)

You are right... you should get the balcony discount.

Who did you call? Nakita really knows her stuff. 1-888-305-4626. If she says you can't get it, then the rules must have changed. I just got it this summer for my cruise in December. We used 25000 points to upgrade from an outside to a JS (obviously paying the difference for the suite), and it has already been applied. I can see it on "my cruises" on RCL.com

Can't tell you about the $99. sorry

Good luck and let us know how you make out!

A~

I called C&A Society and got my $200 balcony discount and the $99 discount back. Both were taken away when I changed the date. In my experience, they seem to be more informed and helpful than the "regular" customer service people. The regular guy kept telling me there is no $99 discount for that sail date. I couldn't get it through his head that the discount was for the date the booking was made, not the sail date. In any event, that's all taken care of.

I haven't decided whether to use the 25,000 point upgrade or wait and save my points for a free companion (close) or free cruise for two.

Thanks for the info though. I will call and ask for Nakita if we decide to use the 25,000 point upgrade.

Archived