Perfect Lives ~~~~ Perfect Cruises.....

sail7seas

I strongly agree with what you've said. What's amazing to me is that so many, many things occur smoothly and with clockwork precision day after day on these HAL cruises, given that the people who work aboard get very little sleep and no days off.

I do think that some people see the world through a certain filter. That is to say, they are constantly afraid that someone will trick them or cheat them rather than assuming that the vendor has the best of intentions. It must be exhausting to live that way.

(27 days until I sail again):)

Absolutely. It's funny when you read members' reviews on the cruise ships and how you can get both end of the spectrum on their experiences, especially those poor and excellent reviews on the same cruise!!. One could say they had horrible food while the other one could not enjoy it more (yes same restaurant on the same ship at the same cruise). It really depends on how picky you are.

Lisa,

I agree with your post. We can expect too much after reading CC boards.

ALL vacations have blips. I try to not dwell on them. Many minor inconveniences/irritations can be soothed when you step onto your balcony at sunset. There's something so wonderful about being at sea. I tend to put things in perspective when I watch the sea. I feel so privileged to be able to cruise. My computer wallpaper always has a picture of the ship for our next cruise!

However....there can be horrible cruise experiences. (We had one and didn't sail again for years.) So glad my DH said let's try it again.

peggy

Couldn't agree more. One of my friends was on the Star Princesss when the fire broke out. Her stateroom was on the other side of the ship and was in no way affected. She stayed on board for 3 more days while the ship anchored in Jamaica. She got shipped off to a 5 star resort after for an extra 2 nights before being flown home (all expense paid). On top of that, she got a credit with Princess for the entire amount of her cruise.

Not that I am looking forward to this kind of blip. But my friend's blip was not too bad to swallow>:)

Hi, I happened to see this article this morning on the RCI board. did not read anything but the first post. The first item seemed familar?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=407566

I love details, good and bad. then we just need to put them in perspective and set expectations accordingly. disappoinment when expecations aren't met is usually worse than the actual event. You are tested when life gives you lemons.

And we have this little jewel for a really good price. Just a few minor cosmetic blemishes ... but it runs like a champ!

[ATTACH]27945[/ATTACH]

:D

Now Jim, you know we are not suppose to do any advertising on these boards:) But if you want to email me I can get you a realllly good deal;)

I think that some people have the need to complain, whether deserved or not. We had a very inattentive room steward on the Zaandam several years ago but it sure didn't ruin our cruise (someone else's dirty underwaer in the HAL bag in our cabin when we arrived, couldn't find DH's shoes after he polished them etc.) We can laugh about it now.

Any cruise is what you make it, on what ever cruise line and we go to have a great time, no matter what.

if you get lemons, you can always make lemonade.

Archived