Boarding Time & Princess Transfers

crazee4cruzin

We are sailing on the Crown next March and I am curious as to how early Princess allows boarding. We are also scheduled to take the Princess transfers from the airport to the ship and back. Has anyone encountered any problems or any benefits to using this service? I am interested in any input, not necessarily for the Crown only. Thanks!:)

We boarded the Tahitian Princess in July about 10:30am. We could not get in our cabins till about 1:30pm. The luncheon buffet was available. They also were set up to check any hand luggage you didn't want to carry around.

As to transfers, we have used them many times with no problems. One benefit is you identify your luggage at the airport and don't worry about it until it is in your cabin or pre cruise hotel. Leaving the ship, you claim it when you get to the airport or post cruise hotel.

Paul

Leaving the ship, you claim it when you get to the airport or post cruise hotel.

Paul

really?....you don't have to go with your luggage through customs, if entering the US?

transfers can be more expensive than taking a cab yourselves,...... you have to wait until the bus if full

We recently took our first cruise and I had heard nightmares about the waiting periods prior to embarking. However, we was pleasantly surprised when we were in our stateroom at 12:45 last Saturday. We only waited outside about 35 minutes from the time we arrived in Port Everglades until they began boarding. If you take advantage of "My Princess" on Princess.com to provide all of your information, it is a breeze to get onboard.

We personally did not take advantage of the transfers provided through Princess. They were more expensive and more time-consuming than taking a taxi. We actually arrived at the airport 1 hour and 15 minutes before some of the guest on the transfers because buses must be filled to capacity before leaving for the airport/hotels.

Archived