Spirit..Alex to Dubai.

juliedawg

Have some rather general questions

1. What brand of champagne on SPirit?

2. With the new restrictions regarding moisturizers and lotions, do the Airlines have them in their comfort kits? I will be flying A.F. over the pond.

3. How soon can I find out costs of excursions? I do not want to miss Luxor, and understand that Petra is the Virtuoso excursion but am undecided

about other ports.

4. In view of the situation in Jordan today at the ruins, what do you thinkare the odds of Seabourn cancelling Petra?

5. Does the ship serve White Tea? If I ask for Godiva chocolate liqueur in my room is that a possibility? Or do I need to stay within the confines of their "guest registration form".

6. Can I register before leaving the ship for A.A and WeightWatchers?

Thanks, Juliedawg

3. How soon can I find out costs of excursions? I do not want to miss Luxor, and understand that Petra is the Virtuoso excursion but am undecided about other ports.

Soon after final payment (about 90 days before you sail) Seabourn sends out to your TA (or directly to you if you booked direct w/Seabourn) the preliminary documentaiton booklet which contains your itinerary, offers for auxilliary services (luggage service, cell phone rental, private jet service to your Seabourn Yacht [too rich for my wallet!]) and detailed shore excursion information and descriptions of tours, pricing and cancellation policy.

Have a GREAT time juliedawg — you have a most interesting itinerary!

#5- Feel free to request this tea and liqueur on your registration form. I'm still waiting for my grape soda request.

There is a new tea selection menu on board, but I don't recall white tea.

There is no need for #6! :)

Instead, just have a fantastic voyage on the Spirit!

Bon Voyage!

>" and understand that Petra is the Virtuoso excursion....."

I didn't think one could count on a Virtuoso trip, since it sems to be a factor of the number of Virtuoso clients on a particular cruise, not just one they promote.

Jane, doing this leg in '07

Have some rather general questions

1. What brand of champagne on SPirit?

2. With the new restrictions regarding moisturizers and lotions, do the Airlines have them in their comfort kits? I will be flying A.F. over the pond.

3. How soon can I find out costs of excursions? I do not want to miss Luxor, and understand that Petra is the Virtuoso excursion but am undecided

about other ports.

4. In view of the situation in Jordan today at the ruins, what do you thinkare the odds of Seabourn cancelling Petra?

5. Does the ship serve White Tea? If I ask for Godiva chocolate liqueur in my room is that a possibility? Or do I need to stay within the confines of their "guest registration form".

6. Can I register before leaving the ship for A.A and WeightWatchers?

Thanks, Juliedawg

You are correct in not wanting to miss LUXOR! It is fabuous..enjoy!

Jane---Thanks for the "heads up" on the Virtuoso Tour. Am a bit disappointed since that is one of the main reasons I booked with them.

Legendary--- Are we talking Nehi Grape Soda? that brings back memories...maybe we could find some orange also.....

Will bring some tea with me. Thanks for your help.

Jane---Thanks for the "heads up" on the Virtuoso Tour. Am a bit disappointed since that is one of the main reasons I booked with them.

I just did a quick check at Virtuoso's website and they show the full-day excursion to Petra as a Virtuoso Voyager Clup Ammenity for both the Nov. 2006 and 2007 sailings. If you are on the 2006 sailing, ask your TA to get a confirmation from Virtuoso as to the complimentary shore tour. My TA was able to get a confirmation of Virtuoso benefits for me several months ago for my Nov. Legend crossing which included a complimentary full-day tour to Rabat while the Legend is docked in Cassablanca.

However, Jane may be correct in that a minimum number of Virtuoso passengers are required, per sailing, for a given Virtuoso shoreside event.

As it is now less than 60 days before embarkation, I am worried that the lack of tour documentation (which we should have received long before now) means that Seabourn is still trying to decide which ports to cancel/change??

I would not worry too much Shelagh, we have not received ours for the Transatlantic yet and there is not much chance of them needing to change ports for that:rolleyes: yet for the Monte Carlo to Barcelona cruise we have had the booklet for ages now. So they are probably just "still at the printers".

Kathryn

I would not worry too much Shelagh, we have not received ours for the Transatlantic yet and there is not much chance of them needing to change ports for that:rolleyes: yet for the Monte Carlo to Barcelona cruise we have had the booklet for ages now. So they are probably just "still at the printers".

Kathryn

Kathryn,

I just had a thought. I wonder if the reason we have not received our "Preliminary" Documentation Booklet is that Seabourn is reconsidering the port call at Cassablanca? I sure hope not. In 2002, the Spain, Morocco & Canary Islands cruise before the crossing called on two Moroccan ports, Casablanca and Agadir. The shore excursions to Marrakesh and Tiznit, respectively were GREAT! However, the world is now a much different place.

>"Why is Seabourn reconsidering the stop at Casablanca?"

It's my understanding that it's a stop for ships to handle their waste products.

I loved Agadir, however, although it still wasn't a day with many shops open (day after the day after Ramadan), and the bus ride to Tizint was wonderful.

I'm really looking forward to touring Marrakech. It's wonderful that the ship is in port until 11:00 PM.

FYI, my TA advises today that she has received our pre-cruise brochures for the November transatlantic. I assume everyone will be receiving theirs shortly.

I also received my shore excursion booklet and would like to hear from past travelers as to the merits of some these offerings. Desert Caravan by Camel at Sharm El Skeikh? Dhow Cruise or 4WD Safari to Wadi Harim at Khasab? And the several options in Dubai including the rather pricey Glimpses of Dubai's Future?

Sailor Tom, Sharm el Sheikh was cancelled for our cruise, due to a bombing a coiple of days before our arrival. Those that did the 4 WD trip in Khasab said it was very very rough......we just did the (I think) 3 hour general type tour...again in Dubai we just did the "City" tour. Do you get the free Seabourn excursion to a "Bedouin" camp? That was a lot of fun.....

“.....including the rather pricey Glimpses of Dubai's Future?”

Sailor Tom, I’ll being doing the return trip in the spring. You caught me here because I thought this would be a free tour, it doesn’t sound like anything more than an extended condo sales pitch. And Granny can tell us about how persistent those carpet salesmen are : ) .

Bill

Archived