What is the best souvenier you've gotten in Bermuda?

RM

Elcruzer - I have not been able to find out anything for you. I hope that you will find what you are looking for when you get here. Look for the Vendor where you last saw her and if you have no luck then check the Craft Market at Dockyard.

Loquats - are delicious especially when picked from the tree. The taste is sweet with an acidic tang and the texture is of a ripe pear. They are shaped like 1" high pears and when they are ripe they are a golden yellow to pale orange colour. Though not native, the tree grows wild here and when the fruit are ripe you will see people helping themselves to the fruit on the trees along side the roads. If you should see any on your travels here please feel free to give them a try as long as you can reach it from the road or standing on a roadside wall. The liquor is made from whole ripe loquats and lots of sugar which is then covered with alcohol - Not sure which but my Mom used to use Vodka.

Longtails - These sea birds vist the Island from early spring to late summer. They are our Harbinger of Spring as they return to mate and raise a new crop of Birds. They are best sighted just off the land flying over the sea. They can be identified by their "Long Tail". The jewellery shops have charms and other pieces depicting them. They are priced from fairly inexpensive to pricey depending on the qualtiy you are looking for. The longtail is also depicted on our 25 cent pieces.

Happy Travels

Cindy

Cindy, Thanks so much for trying. The vendor was at the dockyards when we were there last. She was with other vendors on the outside. Is this what you call the craft market?

Cindy, Thanks so much for trying. The vendor was at the dockyards when we were there last. She was with other vendors on the outside. Is this what you call the craft market?

El - I think you described the Vendor as having a Cart and being on the way from the ship to the Glassblowing Studio. The Craft Market is different. It is across the street from the Maritime Museum on the road from the ship to the Snorkel Park. Ask one of the Vendor's with the carts for the quickest route from the carts. There is a short cut through the Victuiling Yard but it has been so long since I was out there that I cannot guarantee the short cut is open. It is just a short walk either way.

Happy Travels

Cindy

My favourite souvenier to bring back is the Bermuda Cedar Goblet. There are two different types that I can remember, one for friendship, and one for love. The friendship one has one ring around the base of the goblet, while the love (usually given at weddings) has two rings.

I can't remember where I picked these up (it's been a while), or if they are still available, but I'll be looking when I'm back on the island in May!

Archived