Underwire bras?

GORDONCHICK

Target is carrying a bra very similar to VS Body Bra, for under $20. I'm not sure about 34DD, but they did have 36DD. Very nice quality, no visible stitching or seams, great fit, and comfortable!

I have this bra and it fits me sooooo much better than VS. I am a 34D and found that not too many bras fit me...I went to VS for a fitting, brought home 2 bras from VS, then 2 from Target and tried them at home for a few hours each. The VS bras made me have some spillage and also dug into the side of my breast, whereas the Target one fit like a glove...nothing pokes through (which I have a problem with), everything stands up and looks oh-so perky!

I do not mind paying top dollar for things, but when you find something that works perfectly for a fraction of the cost...then I am game.:)

Is the Target bra one from Gilligan & O'Malley?? I have a couple of their microfiber bras that I love--very comfy. Also come in large sizes:rolleyes:

Yes! That is the brand.

I had to check quick...I have about 10 of them and love them...all different colors...although most are nude to go with my white shirts.

Okay ladies. Tell me your favorites for support AND comfort! I need a new one and would love ideas of where to start looking. BTW, I wear a 34DD, so support is important!

My girls need even more support...;) The best supportive bra I've found and have been wearing for years is Vanity Fair's My Satin Fantasy bra. The girls are up and perky. Takes years off of you too...:)

Kat in Texas...

There is a wonderful bra shop in East Dallas, called the Maddox Shop. They personally measure you, then get several bras from different manufacturers to see which is best for your body. They can do minor alterations right there, like taking in a tad on the sides if you are an odd fit. They will then keep the information on an index card, so if you ever come back, it is all in their files. Happy shopping!!

since so many of you compared it favorably to VS. I was hoping that I would like it since it costs much less, but it did not work for me. I wear the VS Body By Victoria, unlined full coverage. The Target version was no where near as good a fit. But our bodies are all different, obviously what works for one may not work for someone else. So if it works for you, that's great. Wish it had for me darn it.:(

Well, I just got back from both Target and VS. No luck at either place for me. Everybody's different and they just didn't fit me well. So it's back to Ebay and Le Mystere for me. The Tisha bras just work the best for my body, I guess.

and they just didn't fit me well.

If you are a woman, and you are wearing a bra, you are probably wearing the wrong size one. That's what they say

from

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1208335,00.html

Come in today for a personalized fitting and improve your life!

from

http://www.myintimacy.com/homepage.html

If you are a woman, and you are wearing a bra, you are probably wearing the wrong size one.

Not me...I got educated over a year ago. But yes, before I was fiitted, I was wearing the wrong size. I had lost a lot of weight, and kept going down in the band size but kept my cup size the same. I had been wearing a 36C, but I really am a 34D. Never occurred to me to go UP a cup size, but the Nordstorm's ladys really know their stuff!!

Yep, bras are almost as bad as jeans for finding the right fit for your body AND your personal style. That's why when I find one that fits great and brings the girls comfortably up where they belong, I buy a few in different colors!

...Personal Style???...I'm glad to just get some that fit! And I aways buy multiples and cry when they discontinue a style I've been wearing!

Well, I say "personal style" because there are people that love underwire bras (me!) and people who hate them (people I don't understand:o ) and vice versa. When I can't find a style I've been wearing, I just brace myself for an hour in the changing room, trying on new models! Still better than bathing suits.....:rolleyes:

Well, I say "personal style" because there are people that love underwire bras (me!) and people who hate them (people I don't understand:o ) and vice versa. When I can't find a style I've been wearing, I just brace myself for an hour in the changing room, trying on new models! Still better than bathing suits.....:rolleyes:

Oh, I thought you were talking about the ones that had little roses or bows in the center, and such. :rolleyes:

Sounds like you have as much "fun" as I do! :D

Oh, I thought you were talking about the ones that had little roses or bows in the center, and such. :rolleyes:

Sounds like you have as much "fun" as I do! :D

Personal style DEFINITELY applies to bras, especially someone that has as many as I do!! (No..don't ask. I'd be embarrased to tell you how many i own!:p )

Little roses and bows and such are fine, if they are placed such that they don't create a ridge or bump under my blouse/dress/whatever. I love a pretty bra, but I won't wear anything TOO far fetched. I value function as much as design. It's that reason that most of bras are a nuetral "nude" color. Though I have many in various colors too, just don't get as much wear out of them.

Archived