Underwire bras?

GORDONCHICK

I wear a 38DD and the only bra that works for me is a Vanity Fair style and I have tried everything known to man. It has the lift I need and the separation (so I don't look like I'm a "uniboob"). It also offers full coverage so that I am not hanging out anywhere. Spillage doesn't always look good. I have yet to find another style that looks as good and personally I wish there was something different as it would be nice to find a new style.

Bali Style 18149TF.

It's an underwire without seams, embroidered flower things on the side that give nice side support (I wear a 42DD at the moment) and has wider, somewhat padded straps. I own this bra in beige, cream, white & black. Only down side is that I can't wear it with anything cut low in the back or with tiny straps. But, as a 42DD, I tend to buy clothing that fits the bra, and not vice versa;)

I've bought this bra at Kohls, but I notice it's on sale right now at One Hanes Place as well.....

I cannot stand VS bras. They have never fit me right, no matter what size I've been....

glass.gif

glass.gifglass.gifglass.gif

I wear a 34DD, too, and VS bras never fit me either! I went on Ebay and go a couple of Le Mystere Tisha bras, the kind Oprah recommends. They are great and I love the way I look in a teeshirt now! They can be expensive, but in my book, they are so worth it.

I am the same size as you are.

I want a bra that will make the girls look happy, not sad!

The following "favorite" bras allow me to have the perfect bustline, or at least that's what my girlfriends say!

(These do not include my gym undergarments!)

Body by Victoria®

IPEX™ full coverage bra

V257826_645.jpg

Very Sexy®

NEW! Vertical cup convertible push-up bra

V257899.jpg(Great for formal or low cut halters)

Body by Victoria®

NEW! The Body bra

V259009_645.jpg

Finally, for not a lot of money the Maidenform Style # 7009 has to be my favorite.

Not the sexiest bra in the world, but it shapes you beautifully.

They are often on sale at Kohls and I can get them for like $20 each.

I am trying to find a pic, but their site is not working for me.

here is a pic off somewhere else:

B0002M1L72.01-A2H2AYTJFCST9E._AA250_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Well, now you all know me well...

Carry on!:D

BTW, the last one I mentioned hold up unbelievably well for the money.

I wash my garments in a garment bag, on gentle with a delicate detergent like Woolite or such.

I do not EVER dry them in the dryer.(but then again,I dry very little.)

}

What a great thread - I am getting all sorts of ideas --- Never have been ableto wear VS bras, but will go back to the store and look around some more - I love, love, love shopping for intimates. DD (23) now says that after all these years I have finally made her into an "underwear" person ....

I have decided to bid on a Le Mystere Tisha bra at ebay to try them out.

Thanks again - Jan

Okay ladies. Tell me your favorites for support AND comfort! I need a new one and would love ideas of where to start looking. BTW, I wear a 34DD, so support is important!

I wear a 34DD also.

Wacoal, Chantalle, Lunaire all offer great support, very nice quality and feminine styles. Le Mystere is another brand that fits me well. I only wear undersire as I have not found anything else that offers that level of support.

I benefitted greatly from a professional fitting at a lingerie store several years ago.

Okay ladies. Tell me your favorites for support AND comfort! I need a new one and would love ideas of where to start looking. BTW, I wear a 34DD, so support is important!

I wear a 34DD also.

Wacoal, Chantalle, Lunaire all offer great support, very nice quality and feminine styles. Le Mystere is another brand that fits me well. I only wear undersire as I have not found anything else that offers that level of support.

I benefitted greatly from a professional fitting at a lingerie store several years ago.

I've hesitated trying the Le Mystere because I seem to remember something about that Oprah segment mentioning something about people not wearing the right size ... something like in the La Mystere bra, women were wearing G cups when they thought they were a DD, or something like that ... am I totally bonkers here???? I'm sure I'm way off base but this just sticks in my head. Hmmmm....

Is this really the case with Le Mystere, that you will wear a different size cup than you generally do? I haven't tried them on in the store yet, but am wondering what input you experts might have.

Thanks!

Kat, I did as a previous poster said (went to a department store and had a professional fitting - it is free for the asking) and the Mystere I bought was a 36D and fits WONDERFULLY. Before the fitting I was buying and wearing a 40DD!!! :o I actually went to 2 stores to compare how true the professionals were. Ended up that both of them were dead on. One thing they both said to me.......and ding, dong, I never thought of, was to try it on with the last row of hooks (the one at the very end of the material) and as the bra stretches you just move in a row. Just my 2 cents of experience and hope it helps.

I bought my Le Mystere in the size I usually wore. Although they do use different letters. At that time I was wearing a 34DDD and they called it an F cup. But it fit pretty much the same as other bras. You might try a smaller band size if you already wear it on the tightest one.

I love the Wacoal bras at Nordstrom. They are very supportive and they last long time. I am a little bigger than you and it can be tough to find a bra that doesn't stretch out in a month or two. These bras are a little pricey ($50-75) but they last 6 months to 1 year. I noticed you are small around with a big cup size like me. I find Nordstrom has a lot of sizes and styles to choose from.

Chantal (can also buy at Nordstrom) is another good brand.

Then you must at least try on the new Body Bra at Victoria's Secret. It is seamless, satin, lightly lined and is great for everyday wear. The bra is not sexy in any way, but support and comfort it is! Keep in mind that same size bras fit differently on same size women. Good luck with all the suggestions!

Why I recommend it: You can not feel the underwire, you can not see seams through your shirt, it has a great lift, for the first time ever, I feel like I am not wearing anything AND I can run around 12 hours at work with no adjusting...!

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=XD-202756&page=1&cgname=OSBRPBBVTST&rfnbr=10

Coka

While we're at it, what about strapless bras?

Believe it or not I actually have the following bra, and it works really well... as awful looking as it is.

You but replacemnet adhesives and it holds onto the girls really well. It pushes them up and holds thems in place suprisingly well. I bought this on EBAY in desperation 4 years ago for a steal thinking I could just toss it if all else failed.

B00082C1Y8.01-A1IUREF431IAY2._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V51864813_.jpghttp://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00082C1Y8/nextag-apparel0c-20/ref=nosim

There are quite a few manufactures of this bra, here is just one.

Archived