Atlantis questions answered for those who want to know about…

mrBit

My question might seem silly. If you have to carry the paper card around from the CI then where did you put all your things when you were in the pool? How safe is all your things and cameras,,..... do you just leave it on a chair or rent a locker??????? Thanks

I had read in a guide book that Atlantis offers a package for $200 for 4 people for a day pass that includes a room with no added taxes, fees, etc. I called Atlantis direct two different times and was told by the person in reservations that yes indeed they do do this and that it is not advertised. I asked to make a reservation and was told they do not do reservations for this it is on a walkin basis. Last time we went to Atlantis we booked with CS and by the time we paid taxes, electric surcharge and other things it costs us almost $300. Has anybody else heard of this unadvertised deal? Thanks, Laura

I had read in a guide book that Atlantis offers a package for $200 for 4 people for a day pass that includes a room with no added taxes' date=' fees, etc. I called Atlantis direct two different times and was told by the person in reservations that yes indeed they do do this and that it is not advertised. I asked to make a reservation and was told they do not do reservations for this it is on a walkin basis. Last time we went to Atlantis we booked with CS and by the time we paid taxes, electric surcharge and other things it costs us almost $300. Has anybody else heard of this unadvertised deal? Thanks, Laura[/quote']

Yes, Atlantis still does this, but it is not quaranteed, and it's based on capacity (as well as first come, first served). Since Atlanits runs near capacity most times of the year, these rooms are "unlikely" to be available unless your going off season.

Many people have trekked over to Atlantis before 11am (the given timeline) only to be turned away. You can take the chance, but have a back up plan.

BTW, during the offseason, rooms can go as low $99 a nite .. so keep checking. Right now the beach towers are $173 from early Nov. to Dec 19th. It's off season except for Thanksgiving week.

Just a little note in case you can't get a room at the Comfort Suites... My girlfriend and I booked a room at Atlantis through Travelocity. Travelocity and other sites like Hotels.com own blocks of rooms at Atlantis and book them for much lower prices. We have a Beach Tower room this saturday for $148 plus all taxes. Total was only $179. For the extra couple of dollars we don't have to leave the resort. Hope you all have a fantastic time on your vacations!

Soccermom, you can get the wristbands right away. They let us check in very early AND they gave us an available room (smoking) so only to assume, if there are no rooms available you may not get the room right away, but you should still be able to get the wristbands

Cruzinfool:

Absolutely, BUT it depends on the time of year and any specials Atlantis has. At our time of booking the Atlantis was almost completely booked and the rooms were going for $210 - $250.

As for the comfort suites, I have read a few posts were the room rates were lower than what we paid.

So, it would be a good practice to check both hotel rates.

Thanks for all the advice....Question? Our ship docks at 7am but leave 11pm. If we booked a room at CS can we check out the same day. Will they frown upon us booking the room just to use the facilities at the Atlantis? Do you need arm bands just to lay by the pool? My kids would be the only ones using the slides etc. so can I just get a room for 2 and get 2 arm bands for my kids or do I have to get a room for 4 with 4 arm bands even tho my mother and I are only going to sunbathe?

If we booked a room at CS can we check out the same day.

Yes absolutely

Will they frown upon us booking the room just to use the facilities at the Atlantis?

Heck no.

Do you need arm bands just to lay by the pool?

If you do not have wristbands, they will ask to see your paper as there is security leading to the pool areas.

My kids would be the only ones using the slides etc. so can I just get a room for 2 and get 2 arm bands for my kids or do I have to get a room for 4 with 4 arm bands even tho my mother and I are only going to sunbathe?

You need the card to use the pools and or slides.

As for the room kids under 12 are free.

However you will not be able to just get a room for the kids, you will need to get a room for all 4 of you and if they are under 12 you will be charged for 2 and still get 4 bands.

I am traveling with my 75 yr old mother, daughter (16) and her friend (16). To get a room at the Comfort Suites for the 4 of us it will be over $400 (they charge anywhere from $50 - $80 each for the 2 extra guests and $90 for taxes)

I am thinking of just booking the room for 2, getting 2 arm bands and giving them to the kids. My mom and I can walk around the public areas of the Atlantis without the arm bands. This trip is for the kids anyway...and who knows we might be able to sit by the pool or beach without anyone noticing. Also, we can have the kids put the bands on loose so that if they need a break and decide to shop or rest in the hotel, we can take their bands.

My question is are the arm bands different colors for adults and kids? (although the kids are considered adults) So if I gave one of the girls my band, would it be the same color as my daughters' friends band?

Also, are the bands the same color as the Atlantis bands? Will they know we are from the Comfort Suites? They don't expect the kids to carry around the paper do they? I can hold on to it, and the kids can call me if someone wants to see it.

I am trying to save a few bucks here! Any ideas?

Gina

When are you going for the price to be $400?

http://www.smartertravel.com/discounts/Save-Quality-Comfort-Clarion.html?id=16348

Click this link and see if you can get it any cheaper. It will take you to the choice site. I am not sure of your travel date so couldn't take it any further. It is a 20% discount. We went is June and paid $280 total for 4.

I don't recall the bands being different colors by age, but by day. I couldn't tell any difference based on hotel. Once you can't the bands, the paper isn't needed.

Based on our experience trading arm bands would be difficult. The are not tight, but definitely can not slip them off your hand.

If you do decide to get a room for 2, I would set up "touch base" times with the girls. It's a 30+ acre resort. That would give you some peace of mind.

Hope this helps.:)

Archived