Atlantis questions answered for those who want to know about…

mrBit

I think I read in another post that the pools are not heated. If you're considering CS you might also want to call Atlantis and ask for their "after thanksgiving" rate (or you can book it online). I can get a rate of $165 on 12/1, all taxes and surcharges included which should be cheaper than CS.

We did this last week and it comes out to $154...... highly recommended

How strict are they on the height restrictions on the slides? We are planning to go there next thanksgiving. They say 48", I figure my son will be about 46" then (He's 43" now, any idea how much a 5 year old grows in a year?)

Very strict. They check at the bottom as well as the top of the slides.

So if you get passed one check point.. you'll be sent back down when you get to the top.

There are some smaller slides for younger kids. And the new water park should be opened by then.

Have any of you had 5 people in your party and reserved one room? We will have two adults and three teens. We would gladly pay for the 5th wristband if possible, just don't want to pay for two rooms. Anyone out there have any experience with this?? We will never even go to the room most likely as we will only be in port from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. My friend e-mailed them directly and they wouldn't budge. Told her she would have to reserve two rooms..

Hi,

We are going to the Bahamas on Disney stopping in Nassau 12/15. We booked a room at the comfort suites for $108 for 2 adults, a 13 year old, and a 5 year old. We just did a google search for comfort suites paradise island which pulled up the choice hotel site for that particular comfort suites. We had to put in the children's ages, so there was no deception involved, and we clicked the internet user's rate. It came back $108.00 plus energy and housekeeping charges. I think those were $10.00 per day total for each person over 12. Ages 16 and under were free in the room with 2 adults as far as the room charge. I called the hotel directly and asked if we could check in early. She said no problem, and they will give us a room right away if one is clean. Otherwise we can get our wristbands and cards and head for Atlantis. She said it includes full access including their aquarium, "The Dig." The room rate directly from the hotel was $193.00, so we did much better with the choice hotels site.

I hope this helps a little.:)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, I was wondering if anyone thinks this is worth it. I am going on the Elation 4/5/07 4 day cruise on Carnival. I am docking at 7am and leaving at 2pm. I know its not a long time but I was pricing the tickets for the Dig at $29 person...and my family is 6....so that would be roughly $180 for a short quick tour I heard...or $300 plus for an excursion through Carnival. Would it be worth it getting a room at Comfort Suites for $212.50 even for a few hours. My only problem, would they let me check in that early in the morning and checkout a few hours later?? Any advice? I badly want to see the Atlantis and use facilities. Have four children 14,11,9,8 who love slides and WATER!!! Thanks Julie

Hi, I was wondering if anyone thinks this is worth it. I am going on the Elation 4/5/07 4 day cruise on Carnival. I am docking at 7am and leaving at 2pm. I know its not a long time but I was pricing the tickets for the Dig at $29 person...and my family is 6....so that would be roughly $180 for a short quick tour I heard...or $300 plus for an excursion through Carnival. Would it be worth it getting a room at Comfort Suites for $212.50 even for a few hours. My only problem, would they let me check in that early in the morning and checkout a few hours later?? Any advice? I badly want to see the Atlantis and use facilities. Have four children 14,11,9,8 who love slides and WATER!!! Thanks Julie

Sorry, but you'd have to get 2 rooms at Comfort Suites (or Atlantis).. Only 4 ppl (bracelets) per room.

Not a cheap excursion... and it will be packed that time of year, .. so you'll likely have long lines on the slides

I also had the same question as tjwinters, but we are a family of 4, so we would only need 1 room. We are scheduled to go on the Elation on 4/19 and will only be there for part of the day, but I was wondering if we should switch to the 4/19 Sensation sailing, since this ship docks overnight and we would have more time at Atlantis. Is Atlantis/Comort Suites worth it?:)

I also had the same question as tjwinters, but we are a family of 4, so we would only need 1 room. We are scheduled to go on the Elation on 4/19 and will only be there for part of the day, but I was wondering if we should switch to the 4/19 Sensation sailing, since this ship docks overnight and we would have more time at Atlantis. Is Atlantis/Comort Suites worth it?:)

It's only worth it if your kids have never seen a large aquarium or never experienced a water park. Honestly.. we have seen better exhibits elsewhere, but it's fun if you don't have such things where you live.

I wouldn't change my schedule to accomodate Atlantis.. it's just a resort.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who added valuable advice and tips to this thread, especially Mr. Brit. We booked a room at CS for our one day stay in the Bahamas when we cruise on Celebration next month. We got the Choice rate of $212 plus tax.

Travelocity has a good rate ($288 plus tax) on the Atlantis Tower rooms for the night we'll be there:

http://travel.travelocity.com/hotel/HotelAvailability.do?SEQ=11699921746080282007&pathIndicator=HOTEL_REGULAR

So for the extra $ we might splurge!

We are booking a cruise that heads to Nassau from 8:30 to 2:00pm. We want to take our 3 kids to the Atlantis Resort.

My first question is do those of you that have been there feel this is enough time to enjoy the resort? Worth the cost?

Second, to make things work for our family, I was going to book a room at the Choice Suites for $210.00 (but it will only accomodate 4) and then purchase one all day pass for the fifth member of the family ($88.00 I think).

Will this work? Is there any difference in the wristbands?

Thoughts...feelings? Opinions????

Hmmm, well first from what I have found out, the day pass for 88.00 is not always available and is based on Atlantis occupancy.

That said, if I were in you shoes, I do not think it is worth it. You will not get to the resort by 8:30 if the ship docks at that time and leaving by 2:30pm in my opinion is a very short period of time.

When I went the ship stayed in port for 24hrs.

It is up to you, but Scubagirl has posted other great options for the Island as well.

Just my 2 cents.

Our ship arrives, in July, at 1:00pm and doesn't leave until 2:00am. Me, DH, kids 15 and 10. Considering Comfort Suites but wasn't sure if its enough time for the slides. How long does it take to get off the ship? I believe someone said the slides all close at around 6:00. That seems awfully early for summer. Is this true? The rate I'm getting is $237.00. I don't know if that includes the energy and housekeeping charges. That would make it $267.00 Also, if we want to gamble, what do we do with the kids? Thanks!

I've read through ll of the "posts" and to make sure I have it right...

I can walk (with my family) into Atlantis after 6pm and see the fish and digs for free? Before I drag them "back off the boat" I want to be really sure about it! Thanks!!!

Melissa

I just have to add. I booked a night at Atlantis after reading these posts. We went on Elation (a last minute cruise) on 11/30-12/5.

It was the BEST day of our lives!!!! And that is no small statement since it was our 5th cruise and we've been all over the world on other vacations.

My kids are still talking about it. My family wants to go back just to stay for a week. The water slides like the lazy river were ABSOLUTE HEAVEN! I cannot stress it enough. I would pay 5 times the amount just to do it again!

The staff were sooo friendly that when I got there after a harrowing trip on the water taxi and carried a stroller up all of the stairs, they UPGRADED my room from the beach towers to coral towers. :D

To stay the day at Atlantis and have access to EVERYTHING as an Atlantis guest was the best choice I could have made. I actually felt sorry for the people coming with the cruise tour through the dig. ;)

And yes, the food was expensive, even at the pool bars. I spent $8.00 on grapes and $12 on a ham sandwich. But I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Archived