Photo op. with dogs in Alaska

lydiagb

Back in 8/99 I took a 7 day Alaskan cruise. I have a photo of myself with these two huge (but cute) dogs. I think the photo was taken in Ketchikan but I'm not sure. One dog is half malamute and half wolf and his name is The Bear. The other dog is pure wolf and her name is Mischka. For a donation you could have your picture taken with the dogs or you could just take a picture of them. My husband and I are taking a 12 day cruise through Alaska in September and I would love to look out for the dogs again and of course take pics with them again. Has anyone been there lately and seen the dogs? Do you remember where they were? Here is a link to the picture that was taken of me with them.

Thanks,

Lydia

[url]http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAtWTJw0atGL8[/url]

[quote name='Budget Queen']Do you have any other reference photos taken at the same time on that day?? It probably is Ketchikan but not 100%??[/QUOTE]

Hi. Here is a link to the other photos I believe were from the same port visit.

[url]http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAtWTJw0atGMC[/url]

Let me know if they look familiar.

Thanks!

Lydia

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers']:)

We saw the "sled" dogs when we were in Ketchikan last year. Yes, you could get your picture taken with them for a few. Actually there was one adult dog and only 1 puppy left.

:)[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I wonder if one of the two dogs has passed on. I don't know what age they were in 8/99. We'll look out for them in Ketchikan even if they aren't the same two dogs. Do you have pics of the dogs you saw?
We have a digital camera now, which I didn't have on my last cruise, so we will be taking tons of pictures on this trip and they will be easier to to keep track of as long as we set the date and time on our camera.

Thanks!

Lydia

Archived